Femme Fatale Cosmetics 2015 Valentine's Trio - Swatches & Review

Sunday 15 February 2015


While Valentine's Day is over for another year, I still have one more Valentine's related post to share with you.  This time it's the beautiful trio by Femme Fatale Cosmetics.  I've been a huge fan of Femme Fatale polishes for years now (in fact it's the only brand that I collect all the polishes off).  This trio is no excpetion.  The polishes are stunning.



Femme Fatale have made some changes to both the way they sell their polishes and to the polishes themselves.  The shape and size of the bottle has changed which also means there has been a change in the brushes.  Why I am explaining this?  I have actually found that the brushes are greatly affecting my overall review of these particular polishes (and the other polishes that have been released this year but that is another post for another time).  I find that the new brushes have a tendency to drag the polishes leaving streaks and bald spots behind.  With this collection I found that using a semi-dabbing technique was the best way to achieve a more even coverage.

Fool's Paradise is a really interesting gold glitter, with multichrome flakies and tons of shimmer.  It's super sparkly and completely unique to anything in my collection.  It came as a surprise that this is my favorite in this trio.  I used two coats that were thickly dabbed on.

Picture taken in lightbox

Picture taken in late afternoon sunlight

Rich In Beauty is a champagne gold glitter topper with pink shimmer.  It's definitely such a versatile polish - the layering combinations are endless.  My swatch is one coat dabbed over OPI Did You 'Ear About Van Gogh?

Picture taken in lightbox

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Lastly, Star-Crossed Lovers. This is a berry coloured based jelly with strong blue shimmers and multicoloured micro glitters. This polish has so much depth and comes to life in the sun.  Pictures really just don't do it justice.  The first coat applied streaky and patchy so the second coat I applied thicker coat and in a dabbing technique to achieve opaqueness.

Picture taken in lightbox

Picture taken in direct sunlight

I love how unique this trio is especially for a Valentine's collection.  Unfortunately, this trio was limited edition and is no longer being sold (although you may be able to find them at some of the Femme Fatale stockists).



No comments:

Post a Comment