Shades Of Phoenix Let The Good Times Roll Trio - Swatches & Review

Saturday 7 March 2015


Today I have a gorgeous trio by Shades Of Phoenix that was released not so long ago.  Well maybe it was a while ago - time goes by so quickly at the moment.  Anyway, I had the opportunity to swatch this trio when Margaret (@m_a_tom on Instagram) was visiting back in January.  This trio was inspired by the New Orleans Mardi Gras and consists of three polishes with different finishes.

First up we have Carnival Crazy which is described as glitter polish full of holographic glitters with orange, purple, lavender, silver and some matte yellow glitters.  I love how versatile this polish is.  It can be worn over so many different colours to give it a whole new look.  The formula is great.  It's easy to use and has a great glitter payoff.  I used two coats over China Glaze One Track Mind (just because I wanted the extra bling).

Festival Fantasy is described as a lavender creme with matte yellow, orange, purple and deep red glitters and holographic glitters as well.  This is most definitely my favorite from this trio.  It's easy to apply, is a great colour and has a great mix of colours.  I love it.  I used two coats for my swatch.

And lastly we have Party Player.  This is described as a deep purple jelly with a mix of matte glitters in light purple, bright yellow and neon green.  Personally, I wasn't a fan of this one.  I found it be to rather sheer and really difficult to apply.  I needed to fish for the glitter and needed to turn the bottle upside down after each nail to get the glitters out.  I used two coats over China Glaze Joy.

I really love the variety that is within this trio. There is a great mix that should suit everyone's taste.  I personally love Festival Fantasy and Carnival Crazy. 

These are currently available from Shades Of Phoenix for $9.95 each.


No comments:

Post a Comment