Easter Nail Art Ideas

Thursday 2 April 2015


Today I thought I would do something a little different - I'm throwing in some nail art.  My blog will still probably focus mainly on swatching and reviewing (something that I don't really get a chance to do on Instagram)  but I wanted to add a little nail art seems it's something I love doing.  Time is a hard thing for me to come by so I cheated a bit and used a spare nail art wheel that I had laying around.  I honestly had no idea how difficult it was to actually do nail art on wheels so apologies for it not being perfect.  Hopefully it can give you some inspiration for some Easter nails.

Baby chick's face: China Glaze Sun Upon My Skin, OPI Is Mai Tai Crooked and Simply Spoiled Beauty black nail art pen.

Rabbit's face: OPI Alpine Snow, OPI Pink Friday and Simply Spoiled Beauty Black nail art pen.

Chocolate bunny: Essie Take It Out Side and Essie Partner In Crime.

Peek-a-boo bunny: Color Club Feathered Hair Out To The, Simply Spoiled Beauty black and white nail art pens and OPI Pink Friday.

Hatching egg: OPI I Just Can't Cope-acabana, Simply Spoiled Beauty black and white nail art pens and OPI Is Mai Tai Crooked?

Peeps: OPI Alpine Snow, OPI A Grape Fit, OPI No Room For The Blues, OPI Shorts Story, OPI In My Back Pocket, OPI I Just Can't Cope-acabana and Simply Spoiled Beauty black nail art pen.

Bow tie bunny: Color Club Diggin' The Dancing Queen, Color Club 'Til The Record Stops, Color Club Feathered Hair Out To There and Simply Spoiled Beauty black nail art pen.

Bunny prints: China Glaze Grass Is Lime Greener, Color Club Feathered Hair Out To There and Simply Spoiled Beauty white nail art pen.

Neon rabbit: China Glaze DJ Blue My Mind,China Glaze UV Meant To Be, China Glaze Glow With The Flow and Simply Spoiled beauty black and white nail art pen.

Baby chick: Color Club Hot-Hot-Hot Pants, Color Club Disco's Not Dead, OPI Is Mai Tai Crooked? and Simply Spoiled Beauty black nail art pen.

Zig zag: Color Club Disco's Not Dead, China Glaze More To Explore, China Glaze In A Lily Bit, Color Club Meet Me At The Rink, China Glaze Grass Is Lime Greener and Color Club Feathered Hair Out To There.

Floral: Color Club Meet Me At The Rink, China Glaze More To Explore, China Glaze In A Lily Bit, China Glaze Grass Is Lime Greener, Color Club Feathered Hair Out To There and Simply Spoiled Beauty white nail art pen.

Purple stripes: OPI Alpine Snow, China Glaze Plur-ple, China Glaze That's Shore Bright, and China Glaze Lotus Begins.

Starbursts: OPI I Just Can't Cope-acabana, China Glaze Glow With The Flow, China Glaze Sun Of A Peach, China Glaze Too Yacht To Handle, China Glaze DJ Blue My Mind, China Glaze Treble Maker and China Glaze Plur-ple.

Dotted french tip: OPI My Vampire Is Buff, OPI Alpine Snow, China Glaze Highlight Of My Summer, China Glaze Too Yacht To Handle, China Glaze Bottoms Up, China Glaze That's Shore Bright, China Glaze Sun Of A Peach, Orly Glowstick and Simply Spoiled Beauty black nail art pen.

Neon eggs: China Glaze Plur-ple, China Glaze  Treble Maker, China Glaze UV Meant To Be, China Glaze DJ Blue My Mind, China Glaze Glow With The Flow and China Glaze Sun Of A Peach.

Polka dots: OPI Alpine Snow, Color Club Feathered Hair Out To There, Color Club Hot-Hot-Hot Pants, Color Club Meet Me At The Rink, Color Club Diggin' The Dancing Queen, Color Club Disco's Not Dead, Color Club Under The Blacklight and Color Club 'Til The Record Stops.

Pastel egg: Color Club Feathered Hair Out To There, Color Club Meet Me At The Rink, Color Club Diggin' The Dancing Queen, and Color Club Disco's Not Dead.

So there is a few ideas that may help you out with some Easter nail art.  Which ones are your favorites or do you think you will re-create?  My favorites are the neon bunny, the pastel dots, the pastel egg and the zig zags I think.  I have no clue what I'll be wearing on my nails over the Easter weekend or for the upcoming nail art challenges over on Instagram.  At least there is still some time to decide.  

What are your thoughts on this type of post using polish wheels to create themed nail art?  Love it?  Hate It?  Let me know in the comments below. 

4 comments:

  1. Wow!! I think my favorite one is the peeps one. You are so talented!!! Have a blessed Good Friday or in your case hope you had one. ;0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christy. I accurately did a full peeps mani last year and loved it. It's so bright and colourful.

      Delete
  2. Theses are fantastic! I thought it would be easier to paint on a nail wheel than your own nails! I love seeing art on wheels as it gives you so many ideas for accent nails :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Claire. I didn't think it would be so difficult but the nail are so close together and there is no option to move them out of the way so things like gradients or stamping would struggle on wheels. I'm sure it's something that you could get use to over time.

      Delete