Iridescent Nails by Trenae B Thermals - Swatches & Review

Tuesday 28 April 2015


I am back with the second lot of swatches I have from Iridescent Nails.  This time it's with three thermals.  I was a little surprised by these.  Normally thermals in the bottles are in their cold state but these all appear to be in their hot state.  So the real surprise for me was what colour they would change into.  I also fount with these that they didn't have the usual "cold" transition at the tips of my nails like other thermal polishes do.  I did need to use ice water for my swatches, so apologies in advance for the water on some of the pictures.

Bluewinkle is a really pretty light blue shimmer that transitions into a darker periwinkle blue.  This polish has the best formula of the three that I tried.  It was easy to use and even though it appeared really sheer on the first coat it did build up nicely in three coats.

Picture taken in warm state

Picture taken during transition

Picture taken in cold state
Pink Whisper is a light pink thermal that transitions to a darker pink when cold.  This polish I found was quite sheer.  Even after four coats I could still see a slight VNL.  The formula itself was easy to work with.

Picture taken in warm state

Picture taken during transition

Picture taken in cold state

Pompeii has a greyish black based with scattered holo.  When cold, this polish transitions into black.  I didn't find that there was a drastic difference between the shift in the colours like I did with the other two.  Formula wise, I found this one to be surprisingly sheer.  I needed four coats for full coverage and found that I could see VNL in certain lights.

Picture taken in warm state

Picture taken during transition

Picture taken in cold state

These polishes are definitely unique to my collection.  Even though the polishes were quite sheer the formulas were easy enough to work with.  My favorite from these three is definitely Bluewinkle. 

These thermals along with other polishes are available for purchase from Iridescent Nails.

No comments:

Post a Comment