Miss Ashleigh New Release Thermals - Swatches & Review

Sunday 5 April 2015


Happy Easter everyone!  I hope the Easter Bunny has been and left lots of yummy goodies for you.  Today I have been waiting to write for what seems like forever and I am so excited to be able to share it with you guys.  Now some of you may have seen some of these pictures over Miss Ashleigh's social media pages but I decided to hold off sharing the post until the polishes were closer to their release date.  Miss Ashleigh is releasing five new thermal polishes on April 6.  This post is quite pic heavy but I think it needs to be so you can see the transitions with these polishes.

The formulas on these are fantastic and are so easy to use.  While these polishes can look opaque in two coats it is best to use three coats to get a greater colour transition.  I did use ice water and a hair dryer for some of these swatches as the weather was quite hot when I swatched these.

Even The Royals Get Blue is a royal blue to light blue thermal with a mix of fine red, blue and gold glitters as well as small pink hexes and small blue dots.  The transition of this polish is subtle but it is definitely still noticeable.  I love this polish in both the cold and warms states.  I used two coats for my swatches although next time I will probably use three as it doesn't look fully opaque in its warm state.

Picture taken in lightbox (cold)

Picture taken in lightbox (transitioning)

Picture taken in lightbox (warm)

Midnight Shadows is a black to blue thermal with scattered holo a glitter mix different sized silver hexes and large silver dots.  This one is definitely one of my favorites from this release.  Not only does it look awesome when it's hot, cold or transitioning between the two, it also applies really well too.  I used three coats for my swatches below.

Picture taken in direct sunlight (in cold state)

Picture taken in direct sunlight (transitioning)

Picture taken in lightbox (transitioning)

Picture taken in direct sunlight (warm)

Oompa Loompa is a burnt orange to mint green thermal with scattered holo and a colour mix of fine glitters, and small and medium hexes.  I think this is a really cool polish but it's not one that I would normally go for.  It is definitely unique and applies really well.  I used three coats for my swatches. 

Picture taken in lightbox (cold)

Picture taken in direct sunlight (cold)

Picture taken in lightbox (transitioning)

Picture taken in direct sunlights (transitioning)

Picture taken in lightbox (warm)

Picture taken in direct sunlight (warm)

Punk Princess is a brown-black to pink thermal with a glitter mix of fine and small silver hexes, small pink hexes and magenta dots.  This is another favorite of mine.  I love the extreme change in colour.  Again this was super easy to apply.  I used three coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box (cold)

Picture taken in lightbox (transitioning)

Picture taken in lightbox (transitioning)

Picture taken in lightbox (warm)

Teal My Heart Away is described as a teal to silver thermal with scattered holo, and a mix of silver and gold holo hexes, small magenta and blue dots and medium sized silver hexes.  This one is super sparkly and like the others it's really easy to use.  The transition between colours is subtle but both colours are really pretty.  I used three coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box (cold)

Picture taken in lightbox (transitioning)

Picture taken in lightbox (warm)

Overall I am super impressed with these thermals.  I love that there is such a variety with the colours and degree of transitioning between the warm and cold states.  My favorites are Midnight Shadows, Punk Princess and Teal My Heart Away.

These thermals will be released on Monday April 6 and will be available from Miss Ashleigh.









1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! Teal My Heart Away is my favourite. It really is quite stunning! I tend to steer away from thermals as I have such trouble photographing them and dipping my hands in and out of water is a pain. Do you have any tips on capturing them?

    ReplyDelete