What's Indie Box March 2015: Disney Princesses - Swatches & Review

Tuesday 21 April 2015


Today I am excited to share with you swatches and review of March's What's Indie Box.  I have had these polishes sitting on my polish stand for ages but out of respect for those who still hadn't received them I held off swatching them (which of course meant that the sun disappeared when I had a chance to swatch them until now).

For those of you who may not know, What's Indie Box is an Australian based monthly subscription box which features five Australian indie brands.  Each month the box contains an exclusive polish from Peita's Polish, Glam Polish, Lilypad Lacquer and then two guest indie brands (March's guest brands were Shades Of Phoenix and Gloss N Sparkle).  Each month the theme also changes.  March's polishes were all inspired by Disney Princesses which naturally meant I had to order the box for my Disney Princess obsessed daughter.

Glam Polish Ariel
Ariel is obviously inspired Ariel - The Little Mermaid.  She is the perfect colour of Ariel's mermaid tail and has a nice glittery and holo effect that I expect of from a Princess.  When I asked Liv who she thought it was she originally said Princess Jasmine which I guess is right because they are similar colours.  Formula wise it is great.  It's easy to use and only needs two coats for full coverage.
Picture taken in lightbox

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Gloss N Sparkle Minutes Before Midnight
Minutes Before Midnight is inspired by Cinderella.  I absolutely love this one.  I think it is the perfect polish to represent this Princess.  It's a beautiful light blue with a subtle holo glow to it.  Even Liv knew exactly who it was so definite win there.  Formula wise it goes on a little sheer but builds up in three coats.
Picture take in lightbox

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Lilypad Lacquer Free Spirit
Free Spirit is inspired by Pocahontas.  I think this is a good interpretation of her. A nice nude tone with gold flakes and fine blue glitters.  Liv didn't know who it was inspired by but then she doesn't really know who Pocahontas actually is.  The formula is fantastic.  It's nearly a one coater.  I used two for my swatch.
Picture taken in lightbox

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in lightbox

Peita' Polish Once Upon A Dream
Once Upon A Dream is inpired by Aurora (Sleeping Beauty).  Liv guessed immediately who this polish was inspired and absolutely loved the little bow that came with the polish.  The polish is filled with different pinks and gold micro glitters.  I am a huge fan of Peita's micro glitter toppers.  They are so versatile and easy to use.  I used two coats over OPI Pink Friday.  
Picture taken in lightbox

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Shades Of Phoenix Tangled Knots
Tangle Knots is inspired by Rapunzel.  I was a little thrown by how dark this polish is.  I haven't actually seen the movie Tangled yet so I assume that it is a bit of a darker movie which would explain that darkness of the polish.  The polish itself is gorgeous.  It has a dark purple jelly base and is filled with fine gold glitter, mixed coloured hexes and shards of glitter.  The formula is great and is opaque in two coats.
Picture taken outside in shade

Picture taken in direct sunlight

I did enjoy this box.  The formulas were great to work with and the colours were good.  I don't tend to buy the What's Indie Boxes because I like knowing what polishes I am getting and for the price I am not sure it is always worth the gamble.  But that is just me.  If you love surprises than this is a great box.

The What's Indie Box is available each month from Peita's Polish.  To keep up to date when the boxes are available and what each month's theme is be sure to follow their facebook page.






No comments:

Post a Comment