Dance Legend Velvet (Part) Collection -Swatches & Review

Wednesday 22 July 2015


I know it has only been a couple of days but to me it feels like a lot longer between posts (and you may have noticed that I haven't been posting as much on Instagram as I normally do) but I have the flu so my energy levels are no existent so my nail time has been cut back.  I definitely can't wait to be back to my regular posting routine.  I miss doing my nails so often.

Today I have six of the Dance Legend Velvet Collection polishes to you show you.  I fell in love with the colours when I first saw them and wanted them all!  These polishes have a close to matte (but not a full matte) finish once they are dry.  I have not used any top coat in my swatches.

650 is a pastel mint green polish.  This is actually the first one of these polishes I tried from this collection, and boy oh boy did I have trouble with it.  It had a thick formula that dried quick and dragged the polish, making it patchy and dried lumpy.  At first I swatched it three times, and then added some thinner in hopes that it would help.  Luckily it did.  It definitely applied much better.  I used three coats for my swatch.  I could have gotten away with two but I don't think my thinner was mixed in properly so I did have some thinner areas on my nails.

651 is a pastel blue polish.  Stunning colour and applied quite well.  The formula isn't as thick as 650 and only needed two coats to be opaque.

653 is a pastel orange polish.  The formula on this one wasn't great.  It was patchy and hard to work with.  Even after three coats it is still slightly uneven and could do with another coat.  My swatch shows three coats.

656 is a pastel pink polish.   This one is slightly streaky and brush strokes are slightly visible.  I used two coats for my swatch.

657 is a pastel green polish.  This one has the best formula of the ones that I have tried.  It was easy to work with and only needed two coats to be opaque.

658 is a pastel sky blue polish.  This polish also has a great formula.  I used two coats for my swatch.


I do absolutely love the colours of these polishes, but sadly I am not a huge fan of the formulas.  My picks (based on formulas) are 657 and 658.  Colour wise though I love them all.

The Velvet Collection and other Dance Legend polishes are available from Dance Legend (with international shipping) as well as Llarowe.

Don't forget to follow Dance Legend on Facebook and Instagram.






1 comment:

  1. Pretty colours. Disappointing that the formulas aren't good.

    ReplyDelete