Essie Winter 2015 Collection - Swatches & Review

Wednesday 8 July 2015


I was so excited to see swatches popping up from fellow Aussie bloggers and IGers of the Essie Winter 2015 collection (or Winter 2014 collection for you international readers).  When they arrived at my door step I was over the moon.  They are super pretty colours (and I am not much of a red or orange fan so that tells you something) and a few of them stamp!  You can never go wrong with a regular polish that stamps as well.  Now onto the swatches.

Back In My Limo is described as a sheer bright ripe melon.  I'm not sure about this description.  Sheer, yes.  Bright melon?  Not so much.  To me its more of a pastel peach type of polish.  The formula is sheer and quite patchy (especially on the first coat).  I used four coats to ensure there was no visible nail line but there is still some slight unevenness. 

Bump Up The Pumps is described as a coral mauve.  The formula of this one is great.  It's quite pigmented (enough for it to stamp over lighter colours - I haven't tried stamping it over darker polishes) but not quite opaque enough for it to be a one coater.  I used two coats for my swatch.  The polish in real life actually is a bit lighter and slightly dustier looking than in my picture.

Double Breasted Jacket is described as a ruby polish.  This one is quite a pinky red.  Super pretty.  I quite like this colour as it's not a straight red.  The formula is fantastic.  If you don't mind a slight visible nail line than you can definitely get away with one coat.  I used two coats for my swatch.  Now as a word of warning, this polish is quite pigmented so clean up can be a bit of a challenge.  Careful application is definitely needed.

Jiggle Hi, Jiggle Low is described as a shimmering molten gold.  I absolutely love this one.  It's stunning and super shiny.  The formula is great and easy to use.  I used two coats for my swatch.

Jump In My Jumpsuit is described as a juicy red.  This is what I would call a true winter red.  The formula of this one is very similar to Double Breasted Jacket.  I used two coats for my swatch.

Tuck It In My Tux is described as a silky ivory creme.  The formula of this is the same as Back In My Limo.  It's sheer and really patch.  I used four coats for my swatch and even then it wasn't even in its coverage.


Overall, I quite like this collection.  I love that three of the shades stamp nicely and personally I think they look fantastic stamped together.  The formulas are great on four of the six shades.  Personally I would skip the sheer shades, but that is just me.  I am not a fan of sheer polishes as I really dislike visible nail lines. 

This collection is limited edition so you better head down to Priceline and grab them while you can!









No comments:

Post a Comment