Powder Perfect Egyptology Series: Part II The Upper Kingdom Collection - Swatches & Review

Monday 13 July 2015


I'm back with another super sparkly and gorgeous collection from Powder Powder.  A little while ago you may recall I did swatches and a review of Part I of the Egyptology Series (you can see that here if you missed it) and today I am so excited to be able to share with you Part II of the series - The Upper Kingdom.  Like part I this collection consists of five gorgeous limited edition polishes.

One of my favorite things about Powder Perfect polishes is their formulas.  They are consistent and so easy to work with.  It is recommended that you use two to three coats of these polishes and allow adequate drying time between each coat.  As my nails are shorter at the moment I found that I could get away with one two coats of each polish (except for Nekhbet I used three coats). 

Abydos is a pale gold microglitter, laced with ultra holographic glitter and silver micro glitter.  This is the perfect gold for me.  I'm not a gold fan (I'm a silver girl) but I absolutely love this one.

Picture taken in lightbox

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Flowering Lotus features shimmering holographic glitter in pinks, silver and violet.  Super sparkly and so pretty.

Picture taken in lightbox


Picture taken in direct sunlight
Land Of Reeds is a lime green microglitter with green and gold ultra holographic glitters.  Really pretty.

Picture taken in lightbox

Picture taken in direct sunlight



Nekhbet is a pale turquoise microglitter featuring ultra holographic glitters.  I love this one.  I did find that after two coats I still had a slight visible nail line so I did use three coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in lightbox

Picture taken in direct sunlight


Thebes is a multifaceted copper microglitter polish.  Simply stunning.

Picture taken in lightbox

Picture taken in direct sunlight
I am so in love with this collection.  They are all so pretty and super sparkly.  I wish photos could capture the true sparkle in glitter polishes.  My personal favorites from this collection (and this is a real twist of the arm here) are Abydos and Nekhbet.  Really I think they are gorgeous and definitely worth having in your collection.

The Upper Kingdom Collection is being released on Thursday 16th July at 10am and will be available from Powder Perfect.  Don't forget that this collection is limited edition so grabbed them while you can.







No comments:

Post a Comment