China Glaze Ghoul's Night Out Collection - Swatches & Review

Monday 10 August 2015


I managed to get my hands on another new China Glaze collection.  Yes, that's right, another new China Glaze collection.  China Glaze is fast becoming my favorite brand of polish lately.  I think (and don't quote me on this) I own more China Glaze polishes than OPI and that is crazy (I spent at least a year plus only buying OPI).  Anyway, today I am excited to share with you my swatches and review of the Ghoul's Night Out Collection which is being released for Halloween.  Halloween isn't really a big deal here in Australia but that doesn't stop me loving and wanting the polishes - especially this collection because it has neons!

Cackle If You Want is a purple and black glitter topper.  Of the three glitters in this collection, I found this one to have the least amount of glitter to base ratio.  That being said, I think you still get a great amount of glitter out.  I used one semi dabbed on coat over a white base.

Picture taken in light box
Drink Up Witches is a neon green creme.  So bright and of course I really like it.  I don't think I have a neon green creme quite like it in my collection.  Formula was easy to use and only needed two coats to be opaque.  
Picture taken in light box

Ghostess With The Mostess is a glitter topper filled with purple, orange, green and black hexes in various sizes.  This is the glitter from this collection that I was most excited for and it didn't disappoint.  It has a great glitter payoff which makes application easy.  I used one coat semi dabbed on over white.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box
Lady And The Vamp is a neon orange creme.  Hello Summer!  This baby is so bright and applies really well.  I used two coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box
Looking Bootiful is described as a neon purple creme.  I was a little disappointed with this one. I was hoping that it would be nice and opaque like the other two cremes but the colour payoff just isn't there.  It also applies quite unevenly.  I needed three coat to even it out.  I do love the colour though.

Picture taken in light box
Something's Brewing is a green and black glitter topper.  There is a decent amount of glitter in this one and no fishing is required.  I used one coat over white for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box
I really like this brighter Halloween collection.  But I am sure you guys could have guess that seems I love my neons.  My personal favorites are Lady And The Vamp, Looking Bootiful and Ghostess With The Mostess.  What do you think of this collection?  Will you be grabbing any? 

I am planning on doing some comparison swatches with this collection (probably with just the cremes as I don't think I am have anything remotely close to the glitters) so make sure you let me know if there are any particular polishes you would like to see compared.


2 comments:

  1. Where were you able to purchase the collection ?!

    ReplyDelete