Emily de Molly Swatch Spam Part Three

Monday 24 August 2015


I am back with some more Emily de Molly swatches (you can see my other swatches here and here).  I was re-arranging my polish drawers again the other day and it occurred to be (again!) how many untrieds I have - in particular the Emily de Molly's.  I would say that Emily de Molly is definitely one of my favorite indie brands, the range is fantastic, the formulas are great and I buy from there regularly, so why do I have so many untrieds?  I have no clue what so ever.  Well actually it's probably more a "so many untrieds, so little time" situation.  I'll have to put my thinking cap on about how I can get through some more of my untrieds.  Anyway, future Tracy can deal with that.  Let's get into the swatches I have done.

Forever And Ever is a dark teal creme with subtle holo.  This is actually the Charity Of The Month polish for August (which is still up on the website as I write this and is available via some of the international stockists - so grab it while you can!).  The polish is a gorgeous colour and the formula is so easy to work with.  I used two coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
It's Complicated is a greyish white crelly with black, purple and silver holo glitters of various shapes and sizes.  This polish is quite sheer in colour so slightly thicker coats was required.  I found that there wasn't a heap of glitter in this polish so they are quite sparse on the nails (especially looking at other people's swatches).  Great polish still.  Unfortunately, this polish has been discontinued (I believe it was originally released in 2012 - but that is a guess) so it may be a little hard to find these days.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box
Love Triangle is a clear glitter topper with white triangles and hexes with blue, neon pink and orange to green iridescent glitter.  I fell in love with Haley's swatches of this and had to have it and it did not disappoint.  I definitely need to try it over some other base colours.  I used one coat over OPI Mod About You.  This polish is still available and is on sale over on the Emily de Molly website.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box
So Many Activities! is a mint creme with subtle holo and colour shifting flakies.  The flakies are a little tricky to see (and capture in pictures) but are more visible in person.  I found that the first coat of this one was slightly tricky to apply as the flakies liked to drag the base colour off.  I found that loading the brush up and floating the polish over the nail helped with this.  The second coat applied easily.  This polish is currently still available.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Terra Firma is described as a brown to green duochrome with small gold flakies.  So pretty and definitely unique in my collection.  Plus it's holo!  How can you not love that?  The formula is fantastic as well.  I used two coats for my swatch.  This polish is still available.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
 I love all of my Emily de Molly's.  I actually have some of the latest release polishes sitting in my "to swatch" rack so keep your eyes peeled for those posts.  I can't wait to try them.  I am just waiting for some spare time and sunshine to swatch them.

Australian customers can purchase from Emily de Molly's Australian site, US customers now can purchase from Emily de Molly's US site, and for all other customers head over to the stockists list.

No comments:

Post a Comment