Femme Fatale Cosmetics Mad Tea-Party Collection - Swatches & Review

Sunday 23 August 2015


Happy weekend everyone.  I hope you are all having a good weekend so far.  Today I have Femme Fatale's Mad Tea-Party Collection share with you.  This collection consists of eight glittery polishes in various shades.  Unfortunately when I swatched these Brisbane decided to turn on some traditional winter weather so I don't have any sunshine pictures to share this time. 

Always Tea Time is described as a chocolate milk crelly base with yellow tones, and a scattering of pink shimmer and fuchsia microglitter.  I quite like this one.  It's not my usual go to type of colour but I do really like it.  The formula is easy to work with and only required two coats to be opaque.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Infamous Riddle is described as a khaki-olive green with rich red overlay.  Because of my light restrictions I wasn't fully able to capture the colours fully in my picture.  This polish is definitely prettier in person than in pictures.  The formula is great and only requires two coats to be opaque.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box
Mad As A Hatter is described as a vibrant forest green jelly filled with red microglitters, sparkles and colour-shifting opalescent flakes.  Another pretty flakie polish from Femme Fatale.  The formula is slightly tricky to work with.  You need to use a bit of a dabbing technique as the flakies tend to pull off the base colour if brushed on.  I used three coats for my swatch but you can get away with two coats if you don't mind a visible nail line.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box
March Hare is described as a golden brown based with strong green shimmer and golden holo microglitter.  I am not a fan of this one at all.  I don't like the colour or the big glitter chunks.  The formula as easy to work with though.  I used two coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box
Twinkle, Twinkle is described as a soft teal crelly base filled with vibrant purple and blue microglitters, violet shimmer and violet holo accents.  This is definitely one of my favorites from this collection.  It's really pretty and sparkly and easy to use.  I used two coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box
Two Days Wrong is a thermal polish which changes from a clear/soft pink (when warm) to a rich magenta-purple (when cold).  Within this polish is pink shimmer and red fire opalescent flakes.  I really like the colours of this polish.  The colour does change well, however it is quite sheer in it's warm state.  I used three coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box in cold state

Picture taken in light box in warm state

Picture taken in light box
Up Above The World You Fly is described as a dusty mauve-purple base with blue shine and teal reflecks.  Super pretty and easy to use.  This polish is definitely much prettier in person than it is in pictures.  I used two coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box
Wonderland is described as a vibrant sky blue crelly filled with pink shimmer and chameleon flakes which shift from pink/copper/gold/green.  This is another really pretty polish that is easy to use.  I used two coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box
Overall I like this collection.  There is only the one polish that I really didn't like.  My favorites from the collection are Twinkle, Twinkle, Two Days Wrong and Up Above The World You Fly.  Did you pick up any of these polishes when they were available?

No comments:

Post a Comment