Emily de Molly August 2015 Releases & COTM - Swatches & Review

Tuesday 15 September 2015


Emily de Molly recently released six new polishes (she even more recently released some new stamping polishes but I haven't ordered these yet) and while I had some time and sunshine I thought it would be the perfect time to swatch them.  So without further ado let's jump in.


Great And Small is this month's Charity Of The Month (COTM) polish and $4 from every bottle sold goes to the ACT Animal Rescue.  I know I have mentioned this before, but I am such a huge fan of this idea so have no problems with ordering the polish every month - particularly this one.  Great And Small is a gorgeous dusty blue/purple holo with pink shimmer.  It is easy to use, although it is slightly on the thin side so needs three coats to be opaque.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Ambitious Flower is a red base purple with silver and pewter holo.  No surprise that I love this one.  The formula is fantastic and only requires two coats to be opaque.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Copper Patina is a medium shade green with strong red to gold duochrome shimmer.  So unique and a little tricky to photograph.  The formula is great and it only requires two coats to be opaque.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Cracks In The Wall is a light brown/grey base with silver and pewter holo.  I love this one.  The formula is great, although a little on the sheer side.  I used three coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Fruitcake In August? is a dark brown jelly with gold, silver, copper and multi coloured glitters.  This really does remind me of fruit cake.  It is easy to use and has a great amount of glitter.  No fishing required.  I used two coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box
Sleep Walking is a dark blue holo with green shimmer.  Really pretty blue.  Now this one only needs two coats to be opaque, but I stupidly knocked a couple of nails so I needed the third coat to fix it.  

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight
I'm a big fan of this month's releases.  If you can't get them all my personal picks would be Great And Small, Ambitious Flowers and Cracks In The Wall.

These polishes are available from Emily de Molly's Australian site.  US customers please check Emily de Molly's US site, and for all other customers head over to the stockists list.

No comments:

Post a Comment