Essie Spring 2015 Collection - Swatches & Review

Tuesday 29 September 2015


One of the hardest things about swatching for brands is when you have the pretties sitting there staring at you for what seems like forever and not being able to share the straight away because the release date is too far away.  That is what happened with Essie's Spring 2015 Collection.  I have been eyeing off the majority of these shades since they were released in the US and now that I have seen them in person and tried them, they definitely have not disappointed me.  Let's just get straight into the pretties shall we?





Blossom Dandy is described as a mint creme hydrangea.  Such a beautiful colour and definitely one of my favorites from this collection.  The formula is great and has quite even coverage even on the first coat.  I used two coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box
Flowerista is described as a passionate plum dahlia.  Another beautiful colour with a great formula.  This one you can easily get away with doing one coat (especially if you have short nails), as you only will see a visible nail line under direct light.  I used two coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box
Garden Variety is described as a teal blue orchid.  Again, another great colour with a great formula.  I used two coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box
Petal Pushers is described as a smoky stone rose.  I love this colour.  I really am liking grey polishes at the moment.  The formula of this one is very similar to Flowerista.  I used two coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box
Perennial Chic is described as a sumptuous tawny tulip.  The formula on this one is good and only needs two coats to be opaque.  Personally I am not a fan of this colour on my skin tone.

Picture taken in light box
Picked Perfect is described as a antique almond peony.  Now this type of nude is more up my alley.  The formula is great and only requires two coats to be opaque.

Picture taken in light box
As mentioned earlier I have been so excited for this collection for a long time and it really didn't disappoint.  I love the formulas (and the wide brushes) and I think the colours are beautiful.  My personal picks would have to be Blossom Dandy, Flowerista and Petal Pushers.

Essie's Spring 2015 Collection will be available from Priceline and select pharmacies in October and November.  These polishes are only available for a limited time so grab them before they disappear.

If you would like to see any comparisons with these polishes left me know in the comments below and I will organize a post as soon as I get all of my polishes back and unpacked.

3 comments:

  1. I love Blossom Dandy. It's really what I hoped Mint Candy Apple would be but wasn't if that makes sense....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful swatches! This collection was one of my favorites as well; every single color is so lovely! I purchased the first 4 you have shown since I have colors that are very close to the two nudes, although your swatches are making me rethink "picked perfect" lol

    ReplyDelete