OPI Venice Collection - Comparisons

Sunday 13 September 2015


Today I am back with another comparison post.  This time I have a few of the polishes from the OPI Venice Collection that has been recently released.  This collection has twelve polishes in total but I only have five comparison swatches to show you.  Why?  Simply because I don't own anything in my collection that is close enough to warrant a comparison picture.  Honestly, it was a huge surprise to me that I didn't have more comparisons with hearing lots of comments about this collection not being unique (especially with the reds).  If you missed my swatches and review of the Venice Collection you can see it here.


OPI Be There In A Prosecco vs OPI My Vampire Is Buff
I have seen quite a few comments about these two being dupes but they aren't.  They are close so you may not "need" both.  In terms of formula, My Vampire Is Buff applies more evenly and only requires two coats where as Be There In A Prosecco applies unevenly and requires three coats to be opaque (please note that my bottle of My Vampire Is Buff has been used quite a lot so the formula may have changed slightly over time).  As for colours, Be There In A Prosecco is a much creamier colour and is slightly brighter.  Personally, I love both and would re-purchase both when my current bottles run out.

Picture taken in light box
OPI Gelato On My Mind vs Essie Mint Candy Apple
These two are quite close in colour that I would say you probably don't need both (but then it would also depend on which version of Essie Mint Candy Apple you have as well).  The only difference I can tell between the two is that the Essie is a tiny bit more blue toned.  My swatch shows two coats of each polish.
Picture taken in light box
OPI I Cannoli Wear OPI vs OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls
Now this is another one of those polishes that I have seen lots of comments about.  These definitely aren't dupes.  I Cannoli Wear OPI is definitively more grey and makes My Boyfriend Scales Walls nearly look white in comparison.  I used two coats for both polishes.

Picture taken in light box
OPI It's A Piazza Cake vs OPI Chop Sticking To My Story
OPI Chop Sticking To My Story is one of the polishes I purchased back when I was buying all of the OPI Collections.  I have only worn it once and never liked the colour on my nails.  When I saw It's A Piazza Cake it reminded me straight away of Chop Sticking To My Story.  While these aren't exact dupes (Chop Sticking To My Story is lighter) I don't think you need both polishes.  My personal pick of the two is It's A Piazza Cake.  My swatch shows two coats of each polish.
Picture taken in light box
OPI Tiramisu For Two vs OPI Don't Pretzel My Buttons vs OPI Do You Take Lei Away?
Definitely no dupes with these as Tiramisu For Two is more pink toned but I thought these two nudes are the closest in my collection to give you an idea if you are looking for a perfect nude.  Personally I love them all for different reasons.  I used two coats for all three polishes.
Picture taken in light box
Overall I was happily surprised that there aren't really any dupes in this entire collection.  There are a couple that are quite close that you probably don't need them all.  Hopefully you found this post helpful.

6 comments:

  1. I love these comparasions because then I can see the undertones of different colors. I would prefer the Pretzel and Don't take my Lei Away over the Tiramisu one. These are helpful!! Thank you for doing them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you found them helpful Christy. Seeing the polishes side by side in the bottle is helpful, but I think the true test is once they are on the nails so these posts are helpful for me too.

      Delete
    2. My favourite sort of post! And really helpful. Thank you! I have Mint Candy Apple but that extra blue tone to the Opi means I need that too! And I'm getting very drawn to the neutrals shockingly! I've actually bought a couple in the last week and Vampire is Buff is calling me now!

      Delete
    3. Thanks Claire. My Vampire Is Buff is definitely one of my favorite and most used nudes. I actually have a back up bottle of it already :)

      Delete
  2. Thank you for this! I was hesitantly going to buy Essie's Mint Candy Apple, but I HATE their tiny brushes and much prefer OPI's. Glad to see that Gelato On My Mind is so close in colour! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem. I am happy to help whenever I can. If there are any other comparisons that you want to see (and not just this collection) just let me know and I'll try to do them :)

      Delete