OPI Venice Collection - Swatches & Review

Tuesday 8 September 2015


Today I have a super exciting post - the new OPI Venice Collection.  When I first saw the press release and some swatches start popping up, I just knew that I needed this collection in my life.  Normally when OPI release their Fall colours, it is at the start of our Spring here in Australia.  I personally don't tend to go for darker shades in Spring/Summer but this collection has a great mix for Fall and Spring.  This collection features twelve polishes, however for my international readers there are also three limited edition shades available as well.  Unfortunately, they were not released here (but I will still try to get my hands on them if I can).  Now let's get into swatches and my thoughts on each polish.


A Great Opera-tunity is described as a lush melon.  This polish is most definitely unique in my collection.  I quite like the colour.  I'm not entirely sure it goes with my skin tone, but I still like it.  The formula was easy to use and it only required two coats to be opaque.  Now I apologize for the extra glossy swatch.  When I took the picture in the light box it changed the colour of the polish. 

Picture taken outdoors in shade
Amore At The Grand Canal is described as a ravishing red.  Now I know a lot of people get sick of seeing reds in OPI collections, and I am not normally a fan of red, but this one is actually really pretty.  I am definitely a fan.  The formula was great to work with and was opaque in two coats.

Picture taken in light box
Be There In A Prosecco is described as an opaque creme.  This one actually reminds me of OPI My Vampire Is Buff (I will have a comparison post with these two coming later this week), which I love.  Formula wise this polish was quite patchy and needed three coats for even coverage.

Picture taken in light box
Gelato On My Mind is described as "icy sweet".  Not sure that sweet is a type of colour but this colour is definitely a beautiful light blue creme.  It does apply a little streaky on the first coat but the second coat evens it out.

Picture taken in light box
Gimme Me A Lido Kiss is described as a red shimmer.  This is one of those red shades that I don't love but I don't hate.  Formula wise, it is a little sheer (you can still see a visible nail line after two coats) but it applies beautiful and is so easy to work with.  I used three coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight
I Cannoli Wear OPI is described as a pale grey.  I am in love with this one.  It's a really pretty grey and has a good formula.  I used two coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box
It's A Piazza Cake is described as persimmon creme.  This is definitely not a "me" colour at all, but it is definitely great for Fall.  I think maybe with some nail art over it I could be converted.  Formula is great and only needs two coats to be opaque.

Picture taken in light box
My Gondola Or Yours? is a smokey black.  It's actually quite interesting.  I quite like it for the cooler weather.  The formula is a little odd though.  It's like it was trying quickly and dragging the polish off leaving bald patches.  I had to have extra polish on the brush to go over these spots.  The second coat applied normally and gave even coverage.

Picture taken in light box
O Suzi Mio is described as a bold eggplant.  I really like the colour of this one, although I wise that it looked more like it does in the bottle.  On the nail it dries quite dark that it nearly looks black.  It is easy to use and only requires two coats to be opaque.

Picture taken in light box
Purple Palazzo Pants is described as a pastel lilac.  Super pretty and quite Spring like in my opinion.  Formula was great and it only needs two coats to be opaque.

Picture taken in light box
Tiramisu For Two is described as a coffee cream.  I love this one and the formula is awesome.  I used two coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box
Worth A Pretty Penne is described as a shimmery copper.  This is another one that I really like.  The formula is great and it only needs two coats to be opaque.

Picture taken in light box
Overall, I really like this collection.  I think there is a great mix of colours so there is something to suit everyone, and the formulas for the most part are easy to use and are opaque in two coats.  My personal favorites are Be There In A Prosecco, Gelato On My Mind, I Cannoli Wear OPI, O Suzi Mio, Purple Palazzo Pants, Tiramisu For Two and Worth A Pretty Penne.

I do plan on doing some swatch comparisons for these polishes, so let me know in the comments below if there are any particular ones you would like to see.

The OPI Venice Collection is available now in Australia from David Jones and Myer.

2 comments:

  1. Great post! I'm looking for something unique but don't really see it here...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to buy red polish of O.P.I OF AN AFFAIR IN RED SQUARE please tell me how

    ReplyDelete