Throwback Thursday: OPI Not Like The Movies & OPI Teenage Dream

Thursday 3 September 2015


I have mentioned a number of times that I have a lot of untried polishes and in particular some of these untrieds were limited edition or I have had them for so long that they are no longer available.  Usually I try my hardest to only share the newer polishes and nail art goodies (I know how frustrating it is when you see a blog post and then you go searching for something) but I still want to share some of these beauties that I have.  So I have decided to introduce "Throwback Thursday" to my blog.  These posts may be weekly or just posted randomly depending on what else I have going on and will feature one or more swatches of some "older" polishes.

For today's Throwback I wanted to show you two of the polishes from OPI's Katy Perry Collection.  This collection was originally released back in late December 2010/early January 2011 and consisted of five polishes including Black Shatter (who remembers the whole shatter trend?).  I was so excited for this collection and was in a huge "buy all the OPIs" stage (I literally would only by OPI and no other brand then) so purchased them all.  The two I am sharing two of my favorites from this collection.

Not Like The Movies is a silvery green to purple duochrome with fine silver glitters.  This was my first ever duochrome and boy did I love it (I still do.  It is really pretty).  The formula is on the sheer side so needed three coats to make sure there was no visible nail lines but it was easy to work with,

Picture taken in lightbox
Teenage Dream has a sheer pink tinted base and is filled with ultra fine pink glitters and small circular holographic glitters.  This is so sparkly and girly.  Of course I love it.  I especially love layering this one over OPI Not Like The Movies.  I used one coat of OPI Not Like The Movies for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box with flash

Picture taken in direct sunlight
I am such a fan of both of these polishes.  I think they are both really pretty and have been some of my favorites since I really began collecting polishes.  Did you pick up any polishes from the OPI Katy Perry Collection?

What do you think about this Throwback Thursday idea?  Let me know your thoughts in the comments.  Also let me know if there are any older polishes you would like to see.

4 comments:

  1. I like the throwback Thursday idea. I have only been doing nails since the first of this years but I feel like I have missed some great collections. Do you have Opi Germany collection and China Glaze Safari?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christy. I think I am liking the idea too. I am not sure which polishes (if any) I have from either of those collections. I know I don't have the full collection of either. I'll have to go digging through my drawers and have a look :) As for missing out on great collections, don't stress too much. I have missed a lot too. But the bright side is there are sooooo many new pretties coming out :)

      Delete
    2. Ok so I have consulted with google and it appears that I do own quite a few of the polishes from both collections. Surprisingly enough, I have actually worn all of the ones I own. I'll aim to do a couple of posts with them in the coming weeks. :)

      Delete
  2. Ahhh thanks!! I am looking forward to seeing them.

    ReplyDelete