Pretty Serious Cosmetics Pet Names Collection - Swatches & Review

Sunday 18 October 2015


Today I have some swatches and my review of Pretty Serious Cosmetics Pet Names Collection (well actually is called The Well Meaning But Ultimately Quite Awkward Pet Names Collection but who can be bothered calling it that all the time?).  Anyway, I have actually had these polishes since they were released but have only just gotten around to swatching them.  What?  Well honestly when they arrived I was a little disappointed.  I was expecting them all to be the bright, vibrant colours like the initial swatches provided.  Sadly, in comparison they look darker and dull.  Let's jump into my swatches and my thoughts on each of the shades.

Image from Pretty Serious Cosmetics

Cuddle Bunny is described as a lavender creme with a gentle shimmer.  This is one of the polishes that I was quite excited for.  The initial swatches made it look so vibrant.  I actually had to double check the label to make sure I had the correct polish.  Aside from the colour not being what I was expecting, I found this polish to be on the thick side (but easy enough to work with) and slow drying on me.  I used two coats for me swatch (note: my swatch does make this polish look slight more blue toned that it is in person but my camera doesn't get along with purples too well).

Picture taken in light box

Honey Puff is a yellow creme.  Formula of this one was a little streaky so I needed three coats for even coverage.  Colour wise this was similar to the swatches provided.

Picture taken in light box
Pookie is an aqua blue creme.  Now this polish I was most excited about in this collection.  I am always looking for the perfect blue polishes (in particular neons but anything close is fine by me).  Again the swatches of this one was bright and so vibrant.  Sadly, the polish doesn't match the swatches.  The formula was easy to work with and only required two coats to be opaque.

Picture taken in light box

Snugglebutt is a purple creme.  This polish in the inital swatches again is lighter and much more vibrant than the polish is in person, but to be fair I couldn't get this polish 100% accurate either.  My camera turned it to blue (very frustrating), but this is more of a darker purple.  Formula wise it was easy to use and only needed two coats to be opaque.

Picture taken in light box

Stud Muffin is a red creme.  I was a little undecided whether or not I should get this one (you can see a visible nail line in the initial swatches) but for the sake of having the full collection I grabbed it.  The polish is a little on the runny side and a little sheer in colour (which is why you can see the visible nail line) but it's easy enough to work with.  I used three coats for my swatch.  You can see see a visible nail line after three coats so it could do with a forth coat.

Picture taken in light box

Sugar Cakes is described as a neon pink creme.  Again, this polish is actually a different shade of pink than the swatches provided prior to the collections release.  It's a gorgeous colour so I am actually happy with it still.  Formula wise it is quite thick (and definitely needs some thinner added).  I used two coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box

Overall, I think this collection is nice but disappointing.  The polishes aren't what I was expecting at all based on the swatches provided.  My favorite from this collection is Sugar Cakes.

The Pet Names Collection is available from Pretty Serious Cosmetics.

4 comments:

  1. These names make me laugh! Beautiful swatching!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christy. The names are pretty funny aren't they?

      Delete
  2. Nice collection. That yellow just jumped right out at me :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a nice collection. The colours just aren't as bright and vibrant as the advertised swatches which is a let down for me :(

      Delete