Femme Fatale Cosmetics Midsummer Night's Dream Collection - Swatches & Review

Friday 27 November 2015


Today I have Femme Fatale's Midsummer Night's Dream Collection to share with you.  This collection was released back in October and is currently not available via the Femme Fatale website, however it may still be available from the international stockists.  The primary visual influences from this seven piece collection were from the 1988 illustrations by Sylvie Monti found in the children’s retelling by Naomi Lewis.


But A Dream is described as a clear to thermal with pink sparkles.  When I swatched this I didn't actually realize that it was meant to be a thermal polish.  I just thought it was because I used extra polish at the tips to help eliminate the visible nail line that it was a slightly different colour.  Oops.  Anyway this polish is easy to use and quite a pretty colour.  I did find it very sheer in colour so next time I would layer it over another polishes.  I used four coats for my swatch (and there was still a visible nail line).

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Jewels Of The Deep is described as a rich teal with shifting chrome flakes, iridescent flakes, scatted holo and shimmer.  So stunning and easy to use.  I used two coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in light box
Liquid Pearl is described as a neutral sheer shade that is packed with shifty blue-violet-pink shimmers and ultrachrome flakes.  As mentioned this is a sheer polish so does take a bit of layer to build it up.  It is easy to work with.  I used four coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Love's Wound is described as a silky smooth pale fuchsia with green overlay.  Great formula and colour.  The green overlay is more apparent in person than in my pictures.  I used two coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Maiden's Patience is described as a soft lavender-grey crelly with turquoise shine and silver microglitter with teal accents.  I'm not a huge fan of this one.  It seems a little to chunky or something.  It was easy to work with and was opaque in two coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Night And Silence is described as a sheer plum-red jelly overloaded with shifting iridescent flakes, chrome flakes and iridescent glitters in green/teal, shifts to blue/pink at an angle.  I'm a huge fan of this polish.  It's easy to use and it's very unique.  I used three coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in light box
Spangled Starlight is described as a holographic microglitter topper in silver and pink with strong flash of aqua shimmer.  To me this polish looks more purple than pink, but either way it is really pretty and easy to use.  I used two coats over OPI Rumple's Wiggin'.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight
There are definitely some stunning polishes in this collection.  My personal picks are Jewels From The Deep, Liquid Pearl, Love's Wound, Night And Silence and Spangled Starlight.  They are definitely worth getting your hands on if you can.

2 comments:

  1. Some great colors in this collection. The Jewels of the Deep is quite nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG what a stunning collection *faints* :-D

    ReplyDelete