OPI Starlight Collection - Swatches & Review

Wednesday 11 November 2015


It's that magical time of year again when OPI release their holiday collection.  The holiday collections hold a special place in my heart because it was OPI's 2010 Burlesque Collection that really kick started my love for OPI and really all polishes since then.  Anyway, enough about previous years collections, lets get into this year.  OPI have released a twelve polish collection here in Australia and it is already out in stores (well at least it is at my local Myer store).  Now for you international readers, I believe the Starlight Collection actually has eighteen polishes in total so you may need to look for swatches of those elsewhere because I don't have them.


Ce-less-tial Is More is described as a pink super glitter.  I'm not entirely sure what a super glitter is but I did find this one extra textured compared to a regular glitter polish.  The formula of this one is a little on the thick side but it is easy to work with.  This polish also has some holo glitters in it but my camera struggled to pick it up.  I used two coats for my swatch and two coats of top coat. 

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Center Of The You-Niverse is a black shimmer.  Easy to use and only requires two coats to be opaque.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Comet Closer is a warm textured gold.  When I swatched this one I didn't actually realize that this was meant to be a textured polish so I automatically added top coat.  Oops. The formula was easy to work with and it only needed two coats to be opaque.  Honestly I am not too sure why this is consisted a textured polish.  I really didn't find it textured at all.

Picture taken in light box
Give Me Space is described as a night sky blue with sparkle.  I quite like this one.  The formula is great and you could probably get away with one coat.  I used two for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Guys & Galaxies is a maroon creme.  Easy to use and is opaque in two coats.

Picture taken in light box
I'm In The Moon For Love is a plum purple.  This is another that I really like.  The formula is great and close to being a one coater.  I used two coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box
Infrared-y To Glow is described as a red confetti and glitter.  To me this isn't really red, it's more of a rose gold/pink glitter pieces with small holographic glitters in a clear base.  It's definitely a unique polish in my collection.  The formula is definitely base heavy so I recommend dabbing the polish on (or even sponging it on if you want to build it up more).  I dabbed one coat over Guys & Galaxies.

Picture taken in light box
Let Your Love Shine is a shimmery red.  I really like this one too.  I think it's really pretty.  Formula is great and easy to use.  You could probably get away with one coat with this one but I used two coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sun
Love Is In My Cards is described as a warm red creme.  Now this one was definitely a huge surprise for me.  Normally red cremes I am not a huge fan of but this one would probably have to be my favorite red creme.  The formula is amazing and you could nearly get away with one coat.  I did use two coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box
Press * For Silver is described as a warm rosy silver.  I think OPI did a great job describing this one.  It really is a rosy silver.  Formula was easy to work with and it only needs two coats to be opaque.

Picture taken in light box
Ro-man-ce On The Moon is described as a lustrous, rich red.  This is another one with a really awesome formula and that you can get away with only wearing one coat.  I used two for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box
Super Star Status is a silver and gold glitter.  Now this one is quite textured.  I'm not entirely sure if it is meant to be or not.  That being said I did use two coats of top coat for my swatch.  The formula is easy to use but the glitters are a little sparse so you need three coats for it to be opaque.

Picture taken in light box
This collection (partly the reds) really surprised me by how much I like it.  I would love to get my hands on the other polishes that aren't released here in Australia.  I think they look quite pretty from the pictures I have seen.  Anyway my picks from this collection are (and in no particular order) Let Your Love Shine, Give Me Space, Love Is In My Cards, Ro-man-ce On The Moon and I'm In The Moon For Love.

The Starlight Collection is available now from David Jones and Myer.

2 comments:

  1. Some nice shades. I really like the blue :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The blue is one of my favorites too. Because I like this collection so much I have actually managed to order the additional shades that Australia missed out on. Hopefully they don't take too long to arrive and then I can share those swatches. :)

      Delete