Dance Legend Binary & Malta (Part) Collections - Swatches & Review

Wednesday 17 February 2016


Today I have four more Dance Legend polishes to share with you.  I have two polishes from the Binary Collection and another two polishes from their Malta Collection.  These are both very different collections, but equally as pretty.  The Binary Collection has a mix of finishes and colours, where the Malta Collection has more darker, autumn/winter tones.  I'm going to break this post into two parts to make it a little easier to see which polishes are from which collection.


Binary Collection
The Binary Collection currently has 48 different polishes which are formulated to be long wearing (you can see all of the shades here).  There is also a specially designed top coat for this collection that strengthens the longer you wear the polish.  I don't own the top coat, so I can't give you my opinions on it, and I didn't test how long these polishes last with a regular top coat because I change my polish so often. 

38 Linda is a beautiful blue creme with an aqua green shimmer throughout.  Really pretty colour.  I found that this formula is really slow drying and applied quite unevenly on the first coat.  I needed three coats to even it out and make it opaque. 

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
40 Inna is a pastel purple with a blue-violet duochrome shimmer.  I absolutely love this one.  Again, this one is quite slow drying (I am guessing that is the price you pay for longer wearing polishes?) but it did apply more evenly.  I used two coats over my nails and added some extra polish to the tips to ensure there was no visible nail line.  I have included a bottle shot so that you can see the colour shift in the shimmer.  The colour shift is visible on the nails in person, however my camera didn't want to capture it.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken indoors

Malta Collection
The Malta Collection contains 16 different autumn toned polishes (you can see them all here).

96 is a tricky one to describe.  It's a pinky/red-y brown colour with a pink to gold duochrome shimmer.   This is such a unique polish and is a perfect winter polish for me.  I love that it is dark but not super dark and has a beautiful shimmer through out.  The formula is great and is opaque in two coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight
99 has a bluish-grey base with pink, blue, purple, green and gold shimmers throughout.  So pretty and the formula is fantastic.  It is close to being a one coater.  I used two coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken indoors

The Binary and Malta Collections are available from Dance Legend (with international shipping).

Don't forget to follow Dance Legend on Facebook and Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment