Femme Fatale Cosmetics Sweet Secrets Trio & January 2016 COTM - Swatches & Review

Sunday 14 February 2016


Happy Valentine's Day everyone!  Personally I don't do Valentine's Day, but I do like all the girly manis and all the pretty polishes that are released at this time of the year.  Today I have the trio that Femme Fatale released for Valentine's Day entitled the Sweet Secrets Trio.  I am also including the January Colour Of The Month simply because I received them all at the same time, and why not really? 


Bewitched is a silver linear holographic with a copper finish, and holographic microglitter accents.  This is a really pretty polish, especially in the sun.  The formula is on the sheer side and needs three coats to be opaque.  It is easy to work with though.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Enchanted Desire is a soft pink crelly with a slight golden shift and is filled with silver holographic microglitters.  The formula is good and easy to use.  My swatch shows two coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Love Potion is a thermal polish that changes from a rich pink (in its cold state) to a french pink (in its hot state) and has gold-lime-blue shifting glass flakes.  This is the one that I was most excited to try but I completely forgot that it was a thermal.  Personally I wish that it wasn't a thermal polish.  I find the "french pink" looks clear and is so sheer.  I used five coats for my swatches (with the exception of the tansition/cold picture - that shows three coats) and you can still see a visible nail line after five coats.  I will definitely be wearing a base colour next time or waiting for the thermal to stop working.  The formula of this one is easy to work with which is a relief seems I needed so many coats.

Picture taken in light box (pic shows three coats)

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken direct sunlight
Morning Glory is a pale pistachio green with a turquoise overlay and is the COTM for January.  This is definitely unique in my collection and really interesting.  I quite like it.  The formula is a little tricky.  It is quite uneven on the first coat and drags easily so careful application is needed.  My swatch shows three coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
I really like all the polishes that Femme Fatale release in January.  I am excited to see what else they bring out this year (I'm secretly hoping for some of their old school glitter bombs and their holos with the colour shifts).

These polishes are no longer available via Femme Fatale however you may be able to get them from one of the stockists.  It's definitely worth checking out.

1 comment: