Emily de Molly February 2016 Releases - Swatches & Review

Monday 28 March 2016


April is approaching ridiculously quickly and it occurred to me that I still haven't posted the Emily de Molly polishes that were released in late February.  I think I keep getting side tracked by new things and well life in general.  Plus this crazy weather!  One second we have sun, next thing you know the sun has completely disappeared again.  Melbourne needs to go back to having some proper seasons thanks.  It makes swatching a lot easier.  Anyway, enough babbling about the weather, let's get into these pretty polishes!


Carve My Initials is a teal green jelly base with green to purple multichrome flakies with fuchsia and green micro glitter.  Such a pretty polish with a great and easy to use formula.  My swatch shows two coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box
Not This Day is a light greeny gold that shifts to a dusty purple foil.  This is quite a pretty polish.  It's easy to work with, however it is a little on the sheer side.  I used three coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Only An Echo is a steel blue crelly with black and teal mirco glitter, blue to purple shifting shimmer, iridescent flakes and silver holo glitter.  This is such a unique polish.  It's easy to use and is opaque in two coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in light box
Shadow On The Moon is a medium grey creme subtle holo with pink to gold colour shifting shimmer and silver holo micro glitter.  I love this one.  I'm not usually a grey fan but this polish is so stunning.  I actually think it's my favorite grey polish ever.  Pictures just don't do it justice.  The formula is fantastic and it is opaque in two coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in light box
Spell Check is a dark purple holo with a strong pink to gold colour shifting shimmer.  Really pretty.  Like with all other EdM polishes, it's really easy to use and is opaque in two coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Wrong Side Of Heaven is a true red holo.  Now this one comes with a warning on the site saying that it is highly pigmented and can causing staining.  A good base coat is recommended.  I personally didn't have any staining on my nails however I did find this polish difficult to clean up.  The formula is amazing and is opaque in two coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sun
I'm loving February's releases from Emily de Molly.  There is such a good mix of things.  My personal favorite is Shadow On The Moon.  It's seriously stunning.  I'll definitely be wearing it again soon.

All of the February releases are available from Emily de Molly.  For my international readers make sure you check out the stockists to see what is available for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment