Barry M Mixed Gelly & Quick Dry Polishes - Swatches & Review

Wednesday 6 April 2016


Barry M is a relatively new brand in my ever growing polish collection, and recently I have added six more shades to my collection.  Five of these shades are from the Gelly Nail Paints range (I have previously swatched and reviewed six other shades from this line.  You can see that post here if you are interested) and one from the Quick Dry range.


Almond is a pale taupe creme.  Super pretty colour with a great formula.  I think if you were in a hurry you could nearly get away with one coat.  My swatch shows two coats.


Blackberry is a dark royal blue creme.  This one is quite pigmented so I definitely recommend careful application as clean up can be a bit of a challenge otherwise.  The formula is awesome.  This polish you can easily do one coat (in fact I wore it as a full mani with just one coat).  My swatch does show two coats.


Chai is a medium grey creme.  This polish is amazing!  The formula is fantastic and it only requires one coat!  That's right, one coat.  That is what my swatch shows.  And it stamps perfectly.


In A Heart Beat a salmon pink creme.  Now this is the Quick Dry polish and honestly I didn't find this to be quick drying on my at all.  If it didn't say quick dry on the bottle I would have never known.  The colour is quite pretty and the formula is easy to work with, however it does apply streaking.  I used three coats for my swatch.


Pomegranate is a red creme with a pinky tone.  Pretty colour with a really easy to use formula.  You could nearly get away with one coat.  My swatch shows two coats.


Sugar Apple is a pale mint blue creme.  The formula is easy to use, however it does apply unevenly.   I needed three coats to even it out.


I really am a big fan of the Gelly range that Barry M has.  There are so many pretty colours and they have great formulas.  As for the Quick Dry range, I can't say that I am as impressed.  I really like the colour that I tried but it definitely wasn't quick drying on me.  Have you tried the Quick Dry range?  If so, what are your thoughts?

Barry M polishes are sold in Australia at Big W stores.

2 comments:

  1. I love the Gelly range too and your swatches are gorgeous. I found the Speedy formula tricky but they did dry quicker for me, but maybe I imagined that.
    Vicky x
    @thepolishlist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vicky. I didn't think that the formula was too bad. I just assume it was because it was a lighter shade that made it apply uneven. I would say that it took longer than the Gelly's to dry on me. Maybe the Quick Dry formula doesn't work with my body chemistry.

      Delete