Celestial Cosmetics Unicorns & Rainbows Collection Plus March COTM - Swatches & Review

Wednesday 27 April 2016


Before diving into the polishes I have to share with you today, I wanted to do a little "catch up" about my blog.  For a while now I have been doing four posts each week and I have been managing to stay on top of that but wanting to more.  Over the past couple of weeks I have been doing five posts and I have really been enjoying it.  So going forward I am going to continue to do five posts a week (no promises because life sometimes happens) and will hopefully be showing off some new brands to my blog.  When I say new brands I mean brands that I have not shared on my blog before, and hopefully some new brands to me as well.  Definitely let me know if there are more brands (both polish and stamping) you would like to see and I will check them out.  And if there is any particular posts you would like to see.  I am open to any and all suggestions.

Now onto today's post.  Celestial Cosmetics is a brand that I have tried but never really put on my blog.  I think I may have had maybe one or two posts featuring them early last year, so it's time they make a come back.  Today I have the Unicorns & Rainbows Collection as well as the March Colour Of The Month (COTM).



The Rainbows & Unicorns Collection includes five holographic polishes in various shades.  I found the formulas on each of these to be easy to use, however they were a little on the sheer side.  I used three coats for the majority of these polishes and still found that if I held my nails up to the light you could see through them.

Cakes & Rainbows is a gold linear holographic.  My swatch shows three coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Farting Rainbows is a cornflower blue linear holo with a violet overlay.  Super pretty and definitely on of my favorites in the collection.  The violet overlay is much more obvious in person than in my pictures.  My swatch shows three coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Rainbows & Unicorns Unite is a soft lilac linear holo with a blue overlay.  This is another favorite of mine.  I used three coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Snow Unicorn is a frosty pearly grey linear holographic.  This one is really sheer on the first coat (especially in comparison to the others in the collection) and has visible brush strokes.  Personally I am not a huge fan of this one.  I used three coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Unicorn Fields is a forest green linear holographic.  I imagine that this one is very popular with green lovers.  I found that this was the most opaque in the collection.  My swatch shows two coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Daffodil is a light, lavender toned pink holographic polish with silver shimmer and tiny opal-like flakes that shift from green to blue.  This was March's COTM and is no longer available on the Australian site, however it is still in stock on the international site.  The formula is easy to use and is opaque in three coats.  I did find that the flakies are a little hard on the nail.  They do stand out more in the bottle.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Overall I like this collection but I don't love them.  My favorites are Farting Rainbows (which is also a favorite of my daughters purely for the name), Rainbows & Unicorns Unite and Daffodil.

The Unicorns& Rainbows Collection is available from Celestial Cosmetics (Australia) and on their international site.


No comments:

Post a Comment