Color Club New Rules Of Engagement Collection - Swatches & Review

Friday 1 April 2016


While I was on the hunt for the new China Glaze Lite Brites Collection, I saw that Color Club also had released a new collection called New Rules Of Engagement.  At the time of ordering these I hadn't found any swatches anywhere or anything about this collection other than some "bottle shots" (which looked computer generated rather than actual bottle shots).  From what I saw I thought this collection could be something that I would like so I took the plunge and ordered all seven polishes. 


Eat, Drink & Be Married is a really pale blue polish.  It's not quite a creme polish, but it's not as frosty as a frost polish would be.  I'm really not sure what type of finish you could call this.  The colour is beautiful.  It does apply slightly unevenly on the first coat and needs three coats for it to even out.

Picture taken in light box
Love Is Love is a light purple creme.  Really pretty colour and great formula.  I used two coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box
Piece Of Cake is sheer orange with golden shimmer.  This polish is really sheer.  I don't think it would be possible to wear it alone without having a visible nail line (unless you do a lot of coats.  I would be guessing six plus!).  I used it over a white base and honestly I really like it.  It's so fresh and pretty.  In person it doesn't look as "white" as it does in my pictures.  The poor thing is a little camera shy I think.  I used two coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Pinspiration is a glitter topper with light blue and gold hexes in various sizes.  I like this one.  It's not my favorite of glitter toppers but there is something about it.  The glitters come out easily, so you don't need to fish for them and it isn't base heavy either.  The larger glitters do tend to want to stick together so they do need a little work to separate them.  My swatch shows one coat of Color Club Eat, Drink & Be Married.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box
Plus One is an iridescent glitter topper with purple to blue shimmer.  I absolutely love this one.  It's probably the worst to photography.  For the most part is just looks white but in person there is so many pretty colours.  I originally swatched it over Color Club Love Is Love but pictures did nothing for it, so I swatched it over black.  Seriously I love both looks and I love how the one polish looks completely different.  This is definitely one you need to see in person to understand what I am talking about.  The formula is amazing and really easy to use.  My swatches all show one coat.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box
Save The Date is a rose gold metallic with golden shimmer.  This is a really pretty colour.  The shimmer is a little hard to see in pictures but it is there.  The formula is a little sheer in colour and needed three coats to be opaque.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box
Toasted is a glitter topper filled with predominately gold glitters, along with some white glitters and some rose pink glitters.  I love this pops of the white and pink in this polish.  Definitely gives it a little something extra.  The formula was easy to use.  I used one coat over OPI Be There In A Prosecco.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box
Overall, I am really impressed with this collection.  The formulas are all pretty good and I really like the colours.  They are nice, clean and fresh.  Something that I am really loving at the moment.  I am interested, would you take the gamble and buy polishes that you hadn't seen swatches or reviews on?  Or am I the only nuts one who does that sometimes?
I purchased the Color Club New Rules Of Engagement Collection from nailsupplies.us, however these are also available from a number of online stores.

6 comments:

  1. I loved this beautiful engagement collection. Thank you very much for sharing these photos here. I am getting engaged at local party venues in NYC and was seeking some interesting ideas for the party as want it to be memorable one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations. I hope you have a great and memorable party :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for the swatches. So hard to order when we only see bottle pics- and some look like really old bottles or the color is so distorted it has to be computer gen. Very helpful for the non-pro/average consumer!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Betsy. It definitely is really hard when ordering Color Club polishes online because there is hardly any pictures or information available about them. It's always a gamble for me when I purchase them. Glad that my posts are helpful :)

      Delete