Femme Fatale Cosmetics The After Light Gala & March COTM - Swatches & Review

Monday 18 April 2016


Today I am finally getting around to sharing with you my swatches and review of Femme Fatale's The After Light Gala and the March COTM polishes.  I feel like I have had these polishes sitting in my polish rack waiting for me to swatch them for months.  I know it hasn't been that long but they have definitely been sitting there for a little while.  Enough babbling, let's get into it.  There is a fair few polishes in this collection and lots of pictures.


A Fortune Teller's Charm is a turquoise/clear to teal thermal with copper sheen, caramel and gold shimmer and reflecks.  The formula is easy to work with and there is a great colour change.  I found this one to be quite slow drying.  I'm not sure if it's just me or do other people find thermals slow drying as well?  Anyway, my swatch shows four coats and there is still a slight visible nail line when it's in the warm state.  I'll definitely use a base colour under this one next time.

Picture taken in light box in cold state

Picture taken in light box with flash in cold state

Picture taken in light box in warm state

Picture taken in light box with flash in warm state
Crown Of Ribbons is a barbie pink creme with green overlay and crystal flakes.  I think this is quite a pretty polish.  It's definitely much nicer in person than in my pictures.  The formula is easy to use and needed three coats to be opaque.

Picture taken in light box
Dripped In Diamonds is a clear based holo topper, filled with silver holo in various sizes, iridescent squares and pink-gold glass flecks.  I really like this polish, however I don't think I love it over a dark base.  Next time I will definitely try it over something lighter.  The formula is great and so easy to use.  I used one coat over China Glaze Out Like A Light.

Picture taken in light box
Fields Of Treasure is a pale pistachio green creme with violet sheen and fine silver holographic glitters.  I think this is such an interesting polish - I'm not sure if I like it but I don't hate it either.  Application was easy, however it does apply unevenly and is a little sheer.  I found that even after three coats I still had a slight visible nail line in direct light.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Glass Carousel is a clear based glitter with strong turquoise shimmers and light golden glitters.  Now I wish I had read the polish description before applying this one.  I would have used a base colour.  Lesson learnt for next time.  The formula is easy to use but I did find it really slow drying.  I used four coats for my swatch and still found that there was a slight visible nail line.

Picture taken in light box
Lace Masquerade is a golden clear thermal which shifts to a ruddy-rose when cool, and is filled with golden flakes and holographic accents.  Honestly, I'm not a huge fan of this one.  The formula is easy to use, but it's very sheer in colour and would need five to six coats to be opaque.  I used four coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box in cold state

Picture taken in light box in warm state
Lantern Lights is a very soft teal-green jelly base with pink/purple shifting flakes and glitters, and holo accents.  I love this one.  It's so pretty and super sparkly.  The formula is great, however it is a little sheer.  I used three coats for my swatch and there is still a slight visible nail line.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Maze Of Mirrors is a bright foil blue-gold shade packed with silver holographic glitters and sea green dot accents.  This is another one I love.  It's so pretty and super sparkly.  Formula wise it's the same as Lantern Lights.  My swatch shows three coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Sunrise Funfair is a bright orange creme with golden green overlay.   I really like this one.  It's easy to use and opaque in three coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Whispers Of Velvet is a pink to berry brown thermal with strong shifting green glass flecks.  I really like this one.  I actually think it looks better in person than in pictures.  The formula is easy to use and opaque in four coats (I found there was still a slight visible nail line at three coats).

Picture taken in light box in cold state

Picture taken in light box in warm state
Stargazing On Saturn is a navy crelly with copper shine, red sparks and fine silver holo microglitter.  This was March's COTM and is really pretty.  The formula is easy to use and opaque in two coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight
There is definitely some really pretty polishes that were released in March.  My personal favorites are Lantern Lights and Maze Of Mirrors.

As most of you are probably aware, Femme Fatale had a MASSIVE release of new polishes at the beginning of this month.  Naturally I brought all of the polishes.  There is a total of twenty six polishes so my question for you - would you prefer to see them all in one blog post or would you prefer to see it split into two/three posts?  Let me know in the comments.

1 comment: