Grace-full Nail Polish Revamp Of The Vampire Collection - Swatches & Review

Friday 8 April 2016


Last year Grace-full Nail Polish released a Vampire Collection, however due to some changes in pigments/tints (or whatever magical stuff that goes into polishes) these polishes needed to be reformulated.  I have done a post previously on the reformulated polishes here which includes swatches, a review and a comparisons of the original and reformulated versions of some polishes.  Grace-full are also going to be introducing seven new vampy polishes to this collection, which I will be sharing with you today.


Before I jump into the swatches I just need to point out that when I swatched this collection I had very limited sun and the tiny bit of sun I did get wasn't that bright.  Because of this, my pictures don't truly show how much holo is actually in the polishes.  They aren't super holo but they aren't as subtle as they look here.  The formulas across this collection is great.  They are all easy to use and are opaque in two coats.

Alnick Castle Vampire is a navy holo.  Close to a one coater.  My swatch shows two coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Blood Countess is an ox blood jelly with multichrome flakies in copper, gold and fuchsia.  This is hands down, no questions asked my absolute favorite in this collection.  Now you can get away with two coats, however I highly recommend three coats to get that extra squishy goodness and more of those glorious flakies.  My swatch is three coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken outdoors - overcast

Picture taken outdoors - overcast

Picture taken outdoors - overcast
Ghost Vampire is a deep green holo.  My swatch shows two coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Highgate Vampire is a teal holo.  This one is also close to being a one coater.  My swatch shows two coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Strigon is a deep brown holo.  This is another one that is close to being a one coater.  My swatch shows two coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight
The Gorbals Vampire is a deep blood red jelly with fine holographic copper glitter.  My swatch shows two coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Vampyre is a deep purple jelly with clear and tiny silver holographic glitter.  My swatch shows two coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in overcast sunlight
Grace-full are really consistent with their formulas of holos which I love.  You always know that they are going to apply well.  My personal favorite polish from this collection is definitely Blood Countess.  My other picks would be Vampyre and The Gorbals Vampire.

The revamp of the Vampire Collection will be available for Australian customers tonight at 7pm from Grace-full Nail Polish and for international customers these are available on the 8th at 7pm central time from Grace-full Nail Polish's international site.
  

2 comments:

  1. That Blood Countess is all that and more!! Just stunning!

    ReplyDelete