OPI Hello Kitty Blossoms In My Bag Duo - Swatches & Review

Friday 29 April 2016


OPI released a limited edition twelve piece Hello Kitty Collection earlier this year (or was it late last year?  I'm terrible remember dates) which was super cute and had some gorgeous colours.  I have swatches and a review of the full collection here if you missed it and are interested in checking it out.  Warning: it's super pink and girly and I love it.  Anyway, I recently saw on OPI Australia's Instagram account that there was a super cute Blossoms In My Bag Duo available so I had to have it and will be sharing it with you today.

The Blossoms In My Bag duo comes with two new polishes as well as a super cute little Hello Kitty bag.  I have had to hide it so my daughter doesn't pinch it on me.  I mean seriously how cute is this bag?


Showered By Petals is an off-white creme.  On it's own it looks white to me, however when you sit it next to Alpine Snow if definitely isn't as white.  I was hoping that it was going to have the same formula as Alpine Snow, however I found that this one applied patchy on the first coat and needed three coats to make it fully opaque.  


Sitting Under Cherry Blossoms is a semi sheer pink with pearly pink shimmer.  I found this one was quite sheer so I layered it over OPI Alpine Snow.  It was easy to use however did apply unevenly on the first coat.  It did even out on the second coat.  I have included a bottle shot in which you can kind of see the shimmer.  It's definitely more apparent in the bottle in person than it is on the nails.




Overall I don't particularly love either of these shades.  I definitely think the polishes that were released in the twelve piece collection were much better than these two.  The cosmetic bag is super cute though.

You can purchase the Blossoms In My Bag Duo from Myer, David Jones and selected salons.

1 comment: