OPI Soft Shades 2016 Collection - Swatches & Review

Monday 11 April 2016


Every year OPI releases a Soft Shades collection.  Honestly, these are the one collection that comes out that I usually skip over the majority of the polishes.  It's not that the colours aren't stunning, it's usually because the are too sheer for my personal taste.  This year, the Soft Shades collection is amazing in every way for me.  There are six gorgeous pastel shades and they are all opaque in two to three coats.  So in love!  


Let's chat about the formula across these six shades.  I found them all easy to work with.  The first coat does apply a little uneven in most cases, however it does even out and build up to be opaque in two to three coats (depending on your fussiness).  With the exception on It's A Boy I used three coats for all of my swatches.

I Am What I Amethyst is a pale lilac creme.  I think this one is such a stunning colour.  My swatch shows three coats.


It's A Boy! is a baby blue creme.  Another beautiful colour.  I used two coats for my swatch.


It's In The Clouds is a cream white creme.  I've actually been wanting a shade like this for sometime now.  There has been a few times I needed it for a base for nail art.  I'm so happy to have it now.  I used three coats for my swatch.


One Chic Chick is described as a downy soft yellow.  My swatch shows three coats.


Stop It I'm Blushing is a baby peach creme.  Gorgeous colour.  My swatch shows three coats, however this one you could probably get away with two coats.


This Cost Me A Mint is a pale green creme.  Another gorgeous colour.  I used three coats for my swatch.  This is another one that you can get away with two coats.


I am in love with this year's Soft Shades Collection.  I would probably go as far as saying that this is my favorite Soft Shades Collection that OPI have released.  I can see me using these a lot.

The Soft Shades Collection is available Myer, David Jones and select salons.

No comments:

Post a Comment