Miss Priss Polish The Hidden Treasure Collection - Swatches & Review

Wednesday 31 August 2016


Today I have the latest collection from Miss Priss Polish.  Miss Priss is a new to me brand, however I have been a follower of Bettina (or @bettinanails on Instagram) for as long as I can remember.  She has made me drool and buy so many polishes over the years because her swatches are simply amazing.  I'm sure you will have seen her swatches before.  When she asked me if I would like to swatch her last collection, naturally I was extremely flattered and had to say.  Fast forward to today and I have the seven super sparkly polishes from The Hidden Treasure Collection.  Warning: this post is quite picture heavy.


The formulas across this collection are very consistent.  They are all slightly on the thicker side, but are easy to work with and have a great glitter pay off.  I have swatched all of these straight onto my nails (with a regular base coat), however I think a lot of these would be great as a glitter topper.  Can't go wrong with a polish that is versatile.  All of my swatches show two thick coats.

Abandoned Paradise has a holographic base with silver glitter in a range of different sizes and a sprinkling of two sizes of purple holo glitter.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight


Pictures taken in direct sunlight and light box

By The Cover Of Darkness has a holographic base with silver glitter in a range of different sizes and a sprinkling of two sizes of black holo glitter.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Pictures taken in direct sunlight and light box

Out For Adventure has a holographic base with silver glitter in a range of different sizes and a sprinkling of two sizes of pink holo glitter.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box with flash


Pictures taken in direct sunlight and light box
Set The Sails has a holographic base with silver glitter in a range of different sizes.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Pictures taken in direct sunlight and light box

Treasure Chest has a holographic base with silver glitter in a range of different sizes and a rainbow of colourful glitter.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken outdoors in overcast sunlight

Picture taken in overcast sunlight

Pictures taken in direct sunlight and lightbox

Tropical Waters has a holographic base with silver glitter in a range of different sizes and a sprinkling of two sizes of blue holo glitter.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Pictures taken in direct sunlight and light box
X Marks The Spot has a holographic base with silver glitter in a range of different sizes and a sprinkling of two sizes of green holo glitter.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Pictures taken in direct sunlight and light box
This collection really reminds me of old school indies - glitter, glitter, glitter!  You can never go wrong with glitter in my opinion.  I'm not sure how often I would wear these as a full mani but I love the idea of them as accent nails (we all know I am a fan of a glitter accent nail).  I'm also keen to try layering them over a base colour.

The Hidden Treasure Collection is available September 1st from Miss Priss Polish.

2 comments:

  1. They are quite lovely and sparkly! How many swatches can you do a night? I am just curious at how long swatching a collection like that would take.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are super sparkly! I'm really not sure how to answer that question. It all depends 100% on the polishes (cremes are definitely a lot easier and quicker to swatch), how many coats the polish needs, how quick it dries and what else I am doing at the time. I am a classic for multitasking while swatching or doing nail art. It's a curse really. This collection I didn't swatch as night because I needed the sun. I think all up it took maybe 3ish days? Day time swatching is harder for me and given the lack of sun we have had it was hard to get the right timing. Maybe I could do a post on the nails I get done in a week and how long it takes....

      Delete