China Glaze Monster's Ball (Part) Collection - Swatches & Review

Monday 24 October 2016


Believe it or not, there was once upon a time where I didn't buy the full collection of whatever China Glaze released.  It's actually kinda crazy to think about seems I can't even tell you when the last time was where I didn't buy the full collection.  I clearly didn't want the full Monster's Ball Collection that was released back in 2013.  I only picked up four of the five polishes (well technically six polishes if you include the re-promote of Ghoulish Glow) which I will be sharing with you today.



Bat My Eyes is a black jelly filled with various gold glitters and bar glitters.  This is the only polish from this collection that I have actually worn (well at least I think it is).  I know I have worn this once and did some bat nail art with it.  Anyway, the formula of this one is quite thick but it wasn't difficult to use at all.  It is close to being a one coater but I used two coats for my swatch.




Boo-gie Down is described as a multi-size orange (I personally think it's more copper than orange), black and white glitter topper.  Now I wasn't sure if I was going to like this one on my but I actually really like it.  It may even be my favorite of the four that I have.  The formula is easy to use and no fishing was required.  My swatch is one coat over China Glaze Five Rules.  I love these two polishes together.




Fang-tastic has a clear base and has a mix of blue, green and magenta glitters.  I really like the mix of glitters in this one.  I think they are quite pretty and would look great over different base colours.  This one is quite base heavy so I would definitely be sponging it on next time.  For my swatch I used one dabbed on coat over Pretty Serious Cosmetics Absence.




Howl You Doin' is a deep purple jelly with blue and copper glitters.  I think the glitter is really pretty in this one, however the are quite hidden with the dark base.  I wish that the base was just a little bit light so the glitters popped more.  The formula was good and easy to use.  My swatch shows two coats.




Overall I quite like this collection, well the polishes I picked up anyway.  I'm kinda surprised that I haven't used the bulk of these polishes sooner.  I mean having untrieds sitting in a drawer for three years is a little nuts isn't it?  Mind you I am sure I have had other things in my drawers for a lot longer.  Hopefully I can dust some more off soon.

What do you think of this collection?  Did you pick up any of these polishes when they were released?

6 comments: