Powder Perfect Art Deco 1 Stamping Plate - Swatches & Review

Sunday 23 October 2016



I'm back with another one of the new stamping plates from Powder Perfect.  If you didn't know (and if you follow me on Instagram you should know) that Powder Perfect have recently introduced some stamping products to their range.  I am obsessed with the stamping polishes (I have nearly used an entire bottle of the black - never fear I have purchased about another four back up bottles lol) and am falling in love with their plates as well.  Earlier this week I shared with you the Halloween Stamping Plate (you can see that post here) and today I have the Art Deco 1 plate to show you.

Image from Powder Perfect
This plate measures 14.5cm by 9.5cm and features are range of geometric shapes inspired by the art deco of the 1920s and 1930s.  This plate was made in collaboration with Hannah Tometzki (or you may know her better as Polly Polish).  This plate is my favorite of the three plates that I have.  Why?  Mainly because it is full of whole nail images (they are hands down my favorite to use) and I am always drawn to geometric patterns.  No idea why.  I just really like them. 

When I first received this plate I actually had a lot of trouble deciding which image to use first.  True story.  I think it took me close to an hour to decide.  I kept going back and forth.  There are just too many great choices.  Polishes used are Essie Saltwater Happy and Pret-a-surfer and Powder Perfect's Silver Stamping Polish.


Now there is little bit of a story behind this next mani.  I had so much trouble with my final mani (not because there was issues with the plate at all).  For my first attempt of using this image I did a smoosh mani.  I really didn't like how it looked at all.  Then I hate another plan - fill the image in using tints.  Great idea and looked good.  Didn't actually notice until I was editing photos that I forgot to clean up one of my nails properly.  Luckily for me I also took a picture of the mani when it was just black and white.  Seriously love geometric prints in black and white.  Polishes used are OPI Alpine Snow and Powder Perfect's Black Stamping Polish.


Now this last mani is my favorite of the manis I have done using this plate so far.  For my base I used Powder Perfect's Recollection and Whataboutery and stamped using Powder Perfect's Black Stamping Polish.


Have I mentioned that I love this plate?  It stamps beautifully (despite a couple of user issues lol) and the images are awesome.  You can bet you will be seeing me using this plate time and time again.

This plate is available now from Powder Perfect's Australian site and from their International site.  If you use the code NAILSTAMP you will receive 10% off all stamping polishes, stamping plates and accessories.  The code is valid until January 31 2017.
 
 

2 comments:

  1. So many fantastic plates are coming out! Your designs are amazing as always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is isn't there? I thought I was struggling to keep up with polishes but it turns out I am struggling to keep up with plates. Hopefully next year I can stay on top of things better lol

      Delete