Uberchic Beauty Who Gives A Hoot Mini Stamping Plate & Scraping Cards - Swatches & Review

Thursday 6 October 2016


I'm back with another recent release stamping plate from Uberchic Beauty (the Who Gives A Hoot mini plate) as well as their new scraping cards.  I'm not even sure I have ever really spoken about what I use to scrape my plates when I do my stamping manis.  So that will be a first for my blog.  Let's talk about the stamping plate first.

Who Gives A Hoot
I am a fan of most owl things, especially cutesy looking owls (fun fact: one of my favorite pieces of costume jewellery is actually an owl necklace).  This plate definitely has a lot of cutesy owl images on it and I have particularly loved seeing all the bright manis that other people have done using this plate.  There are some amazing manis out there but I thought that I would go for something a little more simple and subtle. I had no issues with how the images picked up or transferred onto my nails.

Image from Uberchic


Scraping Cards
Uberchic have released a pack of six scraping cards.  As you can see from the image below there is three shimmery cards and three transparent cards.  Does this effect the way the scrape polish from a plate?  Not that I can tell.  Both the shimmery cards and the transparent cards are quite flexible (they are more flexible than a regular credit card) and do a great job removing all excess polish.  The bonus thing about these cards - they create great nail inspiration!  As soon as I saw them I knew I had to do a mani inspired by them.

Image from Uberchic


Both the Who Gives A Hoot mini stamping plates and the scraping cards are available now from Uberchic Beauty.

4 comments:

  1. As a very novice stamper, I love seeing posts like this. I wish I could confidently buy some plates and know I'd get the images to work. But then again maybe it's the polish I'm using. Either way it's nice to rule out the scraper.
    Ps your mani's are stunning, I love the cute little owls xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vicky. Stamping is so tricky when you first start out. There are so many factors that could not be working. Do you have meet ups with some local nail lovers near you? we have them here sometimes. I know some of the other girls in other states actually do their nails together. Maybe there is someone local who could help? I would LOVE to help you if I could :)

      Delete
  2. How thick are the cards? I like something between credit card thickness and flimsy. I just bought some as an add on recently and they are too flimsy. I want this plate too. If only the money tree grew in my yard...then I could buy all of the Uberchic plates!!!! You make everything look great!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You are too kind. Uberchic do have some awesome plates. Did you see that they have released some new ones?

      I'll have to double check the thickness of each card. Pretty sure from memory the Uberchic cards aren't quite as thick but I could be wrong. They definitely aren't what I would consider as flimsy, but they aren't as stiff as a credit card. Hopefully that makes sense.

      Delete