Sienna Byron Bay Mixed Swatches & Review

Saturday 5 November 2016


Every now and again a new brand pops up on my radar and sometimes I am lucky enough to be sent some of their polishes etc to swatch and review.  This was the case with Sienna Bryon Bay.  They aren't exactly a new brand but they are new to me, so I am very excited to be able to share my thoughts of three of their polishes, plus there base and top coats.


Sticky Base Coat is a base coat designed to make your nail colour last longer.  Now it has been quite some time since I have used a regular base coat so it's a little tricky for me to give you a comparison.  I currently use Revlon's Gel Smooth Base Coat which is quick think.  The Sticky Base Coat is definitely thin in comparison but not so thin that it runs and makes a mess.  It dries quite quickly too.

Lightning Top Coat provides a protective top layer to sped up the dry time and gives a shiny finish.  This top coat does dry quickly but definitely not as quick as Seche Vite (my go to).  I would say that it takes close to two minutes to dry and does a good job giving some shine to the nails.  I have used this top coat for all my swatches below.  I also tested out this top coat over nail art and sadly it smudges pretty bad.  I definitely would not recommend using this top coat over nail art. Even floating the brush across didn't help.

Breeze is a mid tone aqua creme.  Such a pretty colour.  I am quite impressed with the formula.  It's easy to use and is opaque in two coats.


Dream is a light periwinkle blue creme.  Another gorgeous polish with a good formula.  My swatch is of two coats.


Lily is a lavender creme.  Now this one is a little sheer, especially if you compare it to the other two polishes.  The formula is easy to use and the colour is great.  I used two and a half coats (my first coat was a thick coat).


Overall, I quite like the formulas of these polishes and the colours are really pretty.  For me personally, I am not sure I am a fan of the lids.  They are wooden which looks really unique, but they have an odd smell to them which lingers on your hands after.  These polishes are also only 10ml bottles and retail for $25 each.  I'm not sure I would be willing to pay that much for such a small bottle, but again that is just a personal preference thing.

All of these polishes are available now from Sienna Byron Bay.

No comments:

Post a Comment