Crumpet's Nail Tarts: 26 Great Nail Art Ideas Challenge: Pastel Christmas

Friday 23 December 2016


It seems like only a couple of days ago I was sitting down and doing my blog post for the last theme of this challenge.  Apparently two weeks has gone by and apparently they have gone by extremely quickly.  Can you believe that in two sleeps time it's Christmas?  I don't know about you but I am super excited and so is Olivia.  It's a little hard to tell at this stage who is more excited though.  Anyway, today's theme for the 26 Great Nail Art Ideas Challenge is Pastel Christmas.  I kinda dreaded this theme after many, many, many nail fails (which were all Christmas manis!) however I really like how this one turned out.  It doesn't photograph as well as it looks in person, but you get that sometimes...or does that just happen to me?

For my base I used OPI Alpine Snow and then sponged on OPI That's Hula-rious, Sailing & Nail-ing, Towel Me About It and China Glaze Lotus Begin and Spring In My Step.  I then stamped the image from Lina Nail Art Supplies I Can't Wait For Xmas 01 with Powder Perfect's Silver Stamping Polish.




I seriously love the base of this mani so much so I have decided to include the picture of it before I stamped.  I'm definitely going to have to use these polishes together again.


Are you excited for Christmas Day?  What are you planning on wearing on your nails?  I haven't even thought about what mani I will have.  Guess I better do that soon.

Don't forget to check out the other bloggers who are doing this challenge and check out the hashtags on Instagram for the IGers as well.  I love seeing what everyone comes up with for these themes.



4 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous! I remember when my kids were younger and how much more exciting Christmas was. Revel in her joy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christy. I hope you and your kids have an amazing Christmas this year (even if your kids are older and don't have the same excitement levels as a little kid).

      Delete
  2. So pretty! I do love the base, too- it turned out lovely! I know what you mean about photos of nails sometimes. Some looks are definitely easier to photograph than others. I think metallics over light colors especially can be challenging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachelle. I am definitely going to have to recreate that base. It's so pretty. And yes! Metallics are so hard to photograph, especially over a light base. I think this image got lost because there are some really fine details in it.

      I hope you have a great Christmas! :)

      Delete