Essie Shimmer Brights Collection - Swatches & Review

Thursday 9 March 2017


Essie have recently released their Spring 2017 Collection (which I do have but haven't had a chance to swatch yet - but I will be soon) but I thought now was a great time to share with you their Shimmer Brights Collecton (or Bright Shimmer - I have seen this collection being called a few different ways now)  from last year.  I am slowly making my way through all of my polish purchases from 2016 and this collection was in the mix.  


Aim To Misbehave is a yellow shimmer.  This polish is Essie's 1000th polish and comes with a special metallic printed cap.  I think that's kinda cool that they did something special to celebrate.  Sadly, I am not a fan of this colour or the formula.  I found it to be streaky and sheer.  For my swatch I used three coats.


All Hands On Deck is an emerald green shimmer.  This one has a better formula than Aim To Misbehave, however it is still see through at the tips after two coats.


Catch Of The Day is an blue shimmer.  I think this one has one of the best formulas in this collection.  It applies evenly and is a nice colour.  It isn't super shimmery on the nails and gives more like a sheen than a shimmer.  My swatch shows two coats.


DJ On Board is a purple shimmer.  This polish is the other polish that has a good formula and is easy to use.  Again, it's not super shimmery and has more of a sheen to it.  I used two coats for my swatch.


Seen On The Scene is a pink shimmer.  I think this is a nice colour.  It is a little on the sheer side and is slightly see through at the tips on two coats (as shown in my swatch).  I probably should have done a third coat for this one.


Sexy Plunge is an orange shimmer.  The formula of this one is easy to use, however it does apply unevenly.  I used three coats for my swatch.


Overall, I don't particularly care for this collection.  It isn't overly exciting and the formulas really aren't great.  It's definitely a bit of a meh collection for me.

Did you pick up any of these polishes?

2 comments:

  1. Damn it, I was hoping this collection was going to be gorgeous formula wise as I'm very much in love with the colours and finish. However I won't waste my money, I hate messing around with streaky polish.
    Gorgeous swatches by the way, you can make all nail polish look faultless.
    Vicky x
    @thepolishlist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vicky. I can't say I agree about the faultless swatches - do you not remember the China Glaze polish that cracked? Lol. You do amazing amazing swatches!!!

      Delete