China Glaze Shades Of Nude Collection - Swatches & Review

Tuesday 25 April 2017


I finally got around to editing my pictures for today's post!  Yay me!  Mind you I still have about another 30 pictures to edit, but that is a job for tomorrow I think.  Anyway, I was scrolling through Pinterest a few weeks back when I stumbled across a picture of a new China Glaze collection.  I hadn't heard a single thing about this collection at all, but I was intrigued.  I searched high and low to see if I could get my hands on it and low and behold there it was on eBay so I grabbed it.  This probably seems like an odd collection for me to want, but I am a big fan of nude nail polishes, and there are some gorgeous ones in this collection.


A Whole Latte Fun is described as a soft caramel.  This one is a little on the sheer side, and seems more like a crelly than a straight up creme.  The colour is quite nice and the formula is easy to work with.  I used three coats for my swatch.


Bare Attack is described as a smoky chestnut.  This one is easy to use and is a nice colour but it's definitely not a favourite of mine.  I used two coats for my swatch.


Bourgeois Beige is described as a cool almond.  Now this one I am a fan off.  The formula is quite runny so you do need to be careful as it flies off the brush quite quickly.  It is easy to work with (once you get the excess off the brush) and applies relatively easy.  My swatch shows two coats.


Don't Make Me Blush is described as a sweet blush.  I'm not a fan of this colour on my nails.  The formula is easy to work with.  I used three coats for my swatch, however you can get away with two coats (there is a very slight visible nail line though).


Fresher Than My Clique is described as a light mushroom.  This is a great colour with a good formula.  My swatch shows two coats.


Give Me S'More is decadent chocolate.  I really don't have much to say about this one, as I am not really a fan of browns.  It's not a bad polish or colour but it's just not my cup of tea.  It could come in handy for nail art for me though.  The formula is good and opaque in two coats.


Head To Taupe is described as rich mulberry.  The formula of this one is awesome.  It's super close to being a one coater, and the colour is stunning.  I used two coats for my swatch.


It's A Match is described as a peachy nude.  This one applies unevenly but is easy to work with.  I am a fan of this colour too.  It's quite fresh looking.  My swatch shows three coats.


Kill The Lights is described as a deep mauve.  I quite like this colour and think that this would look great matte.  The formula is great and is opaque in two coats.


Minimalist Momma is described as a classic sandy tan. Gorgeous colour, however it is a little sheer and does apply unevenly on the first coat.  I used three coats for my swatch.


Note To Selfie is described as a dusty rose.  Another nice colour with a great formula.  My swatch shows two coats.


Pixilated is described as a barely there beige.  I'm also a fan of this one too.  The colour is nice and the formula is good.  I used two coats for my swatch.


I am a fan of this collection overall.  I did find it a little "boring" to swatch the polishes back to back but then twelve nudes is a lot.  I do love my colours!  My personal favourites are Head To Taupe, Bourgeois Beige, Fresher Than My Clique, Minimalist Momma and Kill The Lights.  I seriously think that a lot of these polishes would look amazing matte! 

What do you think of this China Glaze Collection?  Are you a fan of a collection of nudes?

4 comments:

  1. Ooh a collection of 12 neutrals would totally kill me to swatch. However seeing them all done is incredible!! I love Head To Taupe, it's a stunner. However some of these would look gorgeous as bases for nail art esp with some bright stamping over the top.
    Vicky x
    @thepolishlist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kill you in a good way or a bad way? I kinda got a little over nudes a bit when swatching so many in a row but then I think I would be the same for any polishes of the same colour in different variations. Head To Taupe is definitely going to be one that I grab for over these cooler months. And yes! I should do some bright stamping over some of these nudes. I do have new plates to swatch too.... Thanks for the idea xx

      Delete
  2. I am crazy for this collection. LOVE IT!
    I currently own 4 but am looking to get the other 8!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good collection isn't it? Hopefully you can find the missing polishes for your collection x

      Delete