Pretty Serious Cosmetics Anti-Valentine's Trio - Swatches & Review

Wednesday 26 April 2017


Sometimes you sit down to write a blog post and you have no clue how to start.  Yep, that is me today.  The same thing use to happen to me when writing uni assignments too.  Does that happen to anyone else or is it just me?  Anyway, today I have my swatches and review of Pretty Serious Cosmetics Anti-Valentine's Trio.  Yes, I know Valentine's was quite awhile ago now, but if my memory serves me correctly, this trio was released after Valentine's Day so really I am not that late.  At least I am swatching them in the same year I purchased them.  That is another New Years Resolution of mine (although I am not sure if I actually said that in my original post - maybe I need to go back and look at it again?).  I'm digressing here.  Let's take a look at these polishes shall we?  Before I begin though, I am going to apologize for my pictures.  These polishes really need some sunshine so you can see the shimmers in them.  Sadly Melbourne has no sunshine at the moment.


Cherry Bomb is a pink creme with golden shimmer.  I think this is such a nice colour, especially with the shimmer.  The formula is great and applies evenly.  I used two coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box with flash
Heartbreaker is a purple creme with a colour shifting shimmer.  This one is definitely my favourite of the trio.  The formula is amazing (you could get away with one coat) and the colour is gorgeous.  My swatch shows two coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box with flash
Stupid Cupid is a mint shimmer.  This is a really nice colour.  The formula is easy to work with, however it does apply unevenly.  I used two coats for my swatch, however I am questioning whether I should have done a third coat.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box with flash
I quite like this trio.  I think the colours are really nice and the formulas are good.  As I mentioned, Heartbreaker is definitely my favourite from this trio.

The Anti-Valentine's Trio is available from Pretty Serious Cosmetics.

4 comments:

  1. Don't worry, I too struggle with writing blog posts sometimes & not knowing where to start. I HATE writer's block! In those instances, it's best for me to walk away & come back to it when I'm ready (either that or I just jot something down in hope of finishing it later). On the flipside, there's other times where I get a flash of inspiration & have to get everything down before I lose it, even if it means I'm writing or typing like a mad woman. (Because yes, I still put pen to paper on occasion.)

    Back to the polishes...Heartbreaker & Stupid Cupid are both on my wishlist. I have seen them in full sunshine & they're gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am the exact same!! It's usually the intros to things that I struggle with so I will type on a bunch of random letters and then continue on and come back. I'm definitely a pen to paper girl too.

      Both of those polishes are stunning in sunlight. I really wish Melbourne had more sunshine. I have literally been waiting all day for the sun to come out so I can swatch some holos and it's just not happening. :(

      Delete
  2. Cherry Bomb is my fave, that shimmer is gorgeous.
    Getting polishes swatched is so tricky, I'm honestly so blown away how quickly you get swatches done and think you'll manage to get all yours swatched this year - me on the other hand, maybe not ;)
    Vicky x
    @thepolishlist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The shimmer is stunning in Cherry Bomb.

      I'm sure you will get through yours too. I found that since setting myself the goal to swatch all of my purchases from last year and this year it's actually slowed down my buying. That way I can get through them all. It's kinda a win/win really.

      Delete