Femme Fatale Cosmetics Beautometry Exclusives - Swatches & Review

Saturday 6 May 2017


Last year there were a heap of Femme Fatale Cosmetics exclusives for various stores and other places.  For a good proportion of last year I was still collecting ALL of the Femme Fatales, which meant collecting all of the store exclusives.  As they came out relatively close together I didn't get a chance to swatch them all.  But it's a New Year and I made the goal to swatch all of the polishes that I purchased last year and I am slowly making my way through them.  I do have a fair few Femme Fatales in my swatch racks so hopefully you will be seeing those too.  Today I have four polishes that were sold exclusively through Beautometry.


Caliby is an ivory creme with copper, bronze & brown microglitters, and gold glass fleck accents.  I found the formula of this one was a little sheer but it is easy to work with.  I used three coats for my swatch.




Crackling Comet is a dark based shimmer with pink, purple and silver microglitter.  This polish is definitely quite old (I want to say it was released back in 2015 but I only purchased it last year).  I think this is a nice colour.  The formula again was sheer but easy to work with.  My swatch shows three coats.




Roses & Rubies is crimson jelly with shards, micro-holo & flashes of iridescence.  Nice colour but again sheer.  I used three coats for my swaathc and it is still sheer at the tips.


The Emperor is a teal blue jelly base with an array of blue glitter.  This one had the worst formula of these four.  It was the most sheer and applied unevenly.  I used four coats for my swatch, however it is still see through at the tips.  I would definitely wear this over a base colour next time.  It is a really nice colour though.




It's been quite some time since I have swatched a Femme Fatale polish and to be honest, I haven't missed how sheer they are.  I like my polishes to be one to two coats ideally, but Femme Fatales seem to be three to four coats (and even then they are still sheer at the tips in direct lighting).  

I have had a quick look of the Beautometry website and it appears that only The Emperor is still available.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for showing off our store exclusives!
    We have 5 newer ones as well: Crapemyrtle, Planetary Void, Hallow's Mischief, Summertide, and Crystal Droplets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh these are very pretty but I have to admit that Cracklings Comet is my fave. That combo is gorgeous. It's annoying they're all multiple coaters and even applying over a similar base colour wouldn't work as you would never get the depth these polishes need. No win!
    Looking forward to seeing the rest.
    Vicky x
    @thepolishlist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm guessing that a lot of people like doing extra layers, or perhaps people aren't as fussy as me with a visible nail line, because Femme Fatale polishes all seem to be multiple coaters and are really popular.

      Delete