Femme Fatale Cosmetics There & Back Again (Part) Collection - Swatches & Review

Tuesday 22 August 2017


I'm back to swatching some more of the polishes I purchased last year.  I am determined to get them all swatched by the end of this year.  Sometimes it is a bit of a juggling between swatching the new things and swatching the "old" things but I am sure that I can get through them (although give me another month or two and I may be saying something different).  Anyway, one of the last collections that I purchased from Femme Fatale Cosmetics was the There & Back Collection.  I wasn't a fan of the entire collection so I only grabbed six of the eight polishes.


Heart Of The Mountain is a very pale silvery blue linear holo with fine ultra holo glitters and a very strong red-to-yellow flash.  This one is super sheer which is quite disappointing.  It looks so pretty in the bottle.  I used two coats over a white base.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box with flash
My Precious is a clear topper filled with golden glitters and strong pink shimmers.  Now this one is quite pretty.  The formula is easy to use.  My swatch shows two coats over China Glaze Truth Is Gold.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box with flash
The Last Great Fire-Drake has a strong plum-magenta jelly base, with turquoise flash and golden holo glitters.  I think this one is quite interesting and pretty.  The formula is easy enough to work with, but it is one the sheer side.  My swatch shows three coats and it is still see through at the tips on direct light.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box
The Necromancer is a pink jelly with hints of purple tones and filled with cherry holo, blue shimmers and warm flakes.  This is definitely my favourite from the ones that I picked up.  I think the colour and glitters are stunning.  It is quite sheer.  As you can see in my pictures you can see through the tips as this polish doesn't offer full coverage.  I used three coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box with flash
Thief In The Shadows is a plum purple jelly with blue-to-pink shimmers and silver holographic glitters.  This one isn't overly exciting but it is nice.  The formula is easy to use.  You can get away with two coats, however it is still see through at the tips.  My swatch shows three coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box with flash
Wandering Wizard is a sheer based microglitter topper, full of holographic silvers with a hint of lavender, and a smattering of orange luminescence. This is probably my second favourite from the ones that I picked up.  I think it's really pretty and easy to use.  My swatch shows two coats over China Glaze Street Style Princess.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box with flash
Overall, I do like the polishes that I picked up but I am disappointed that they are quite sheer.  It's the biggest reason that I actually stopped purchasing polishes from Femme Fatale Cosmetics.  It was a huge decision to stop especially after collecting all of their polishes for so many years.  I am actually currently destashing a lot of Femme Fatale polishes so if you are interested in any please check out my blog sale.

Did you pick up any of the polishes from the There & Back Again Collection?

No comments:

Post a Comment