Powder Perfect August 2017 Releases - Swatches & Review

Monday 28 August 2017




It feels like it's been ages since I have new Powder Perfect polishes to play with but they are back and I am excited!  There are three new shades (an anniversary duo plus one from the La Lune series) as well as the much anticipated Immortal Top Coat.  I'll break this post into three sections so you can easily find whatever it is you are after.


Anniversary Duo
Powder Perfect are celebrating their forth anniversary this year!  I can't believe it's been four years already.  That being said, I was actually late in posting their third anniversary duo (I posted that in March this year - oops) so that is probably why the forth anniversary feels like it has popped up really quickly.

Cronosphere is a black jelly lacquer, filled with ultra-holo micro-glitters and a rainbow of chameleon chrome flakies.  It's no surprise that I love the flakies in this one.  They are stunning!  The formula is fantastic and applies well.  I used two coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Perfect Storm is a luminescent holographic lacquer with blue microglitters and shifting magenta-copper ultra-chameleon chrome flakies.  These are some of my favourite sorts of polishes that Powder Perfect do.  I mean, it's holo and has flakies - what's not to love?  The formula is great and easy to use.  I used two coats for my swatch (with some added polish on the tips).

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
La Lune Series
The La Lune Collection is a series of polishes to be released monthly, inspired by the full moon of that month. The first in the series is the namesake polish – La Lune is simply French for “The Moon”.

La Lune is a pale greyed rose-lavender with a delicate holographic effect, rose micro-glitters and a purple flake.  This is such a delicate and pretty shade.  The formula is easy to use and is opaque in three coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in light box
Immortal Top Coat

The Immortal Top Coat is a smooth, glassy topcoat that is enhanced by curing under sunlight, or UV light. The UV rays enable the topcoat to bond to the base colour and sets the polish like flexible glass. Apply one coat and allow to dry in sunlight. This topcoat works perfectly with our Immortal Range (Camelot Collection - you can see my swatches and review of this collection here) but can be paired with any nail varnish.   

Unfortunately when I swatched this I completely forgot that this top coat is designed to be cured by UV light.  Never fear though, it does set at night time - however that can effect the how long the polish will last.  As I paint my nails daily I can't comment on how long this lasted on me.  The dry time (without sunlight or UV light) took about two minutes.  The formula is easy to use, it's not really thick and it's not really thin either.  I used one coat over Powder Perfect's Lancelot from the Camelot Collection.

Picture taken in light box
Who is excited for these new releases?  I think all three of the polishes are really pretty and are great additions to anyone's collection.

The August releases will be available on 31st August at 8pm AEST on Powder Perfect's Australian site and at 6am EDT on the international site.

No comments:

Post a Comment