OPI 50 Shades Of Grey Collection - Swatches & Review

Tuesday 24 February 2015


OPI have recently released a six piece polish collection inspired by the books and movie 50 Shades Of Grey.  Personally I have not read the books or seen the movie so really have no clue about what they are about but I do like fresh new polish collections.  I was lucky enough to receive half of this collection to swatch and review so of course I needed to buy the remaining polishes from this collection.  Grey isn't a colour that I typically go for in a polish but to my surprise I fell in love with this collection.


Cement The Deal is described as a stony, cool gray.  The formula is really easy to work with and only requires two coat for full coverage.

Dark Side Of The Mood is described as a brooding, stormy charcoal.  I found that this one applied a little patchy on the first coat but goes on perfectly on the second coat.  It's a really nice colour too.  I can see me using it a lot during the colder months.

Embrace The Gray is described as a chic, moody gray creme.  Now this polish would have to be one of my favorites from this collection.  The formula appears to be a little bit thin on the first coat, but is opaque on the second coat.  The colour is beautiful too.  I really wasn't expecting to like this one as much as I do.

My Silk Tie is described as a silky, gleaming silver.  Personally I am not a huge fan of this one.  It's applies patchy if you go over the same spot more than once and has very visible brush strokes.  I used two coats for my swatch.


Romantically Involved is described as a luscious red creme.  Now this one is an interesting one to me.  I thought it looked like a very typically red creme.  Surprisinglyfghj though it has a brownish red look to it.  I don't think I am a fan of it on me, but appreciate that its unique in my collection of reds.  The formula is fantastic and really easy to work with.  I used two coats for my swatch.

Shine For Me is a shimmering silver with subtle blue sparkles.  This is one of my other favorites form this collection.  Formula is easy enough to work with.  I used one coat which I semi dabbed on over My Silk Tie.  I think it would need three coats to be opaque on its own.

I'm actually pleasantly surprised by this whole collection.  Not only am I surprised at how much I actually like grey polishes but I am really surprised that I don't really have any dupes in my collection.  The only one that I do have something very similar to is My Silk Tie.  If you are interested in seeing any swatch comparisons of this collection, let me know and I will do a post on them.

OPI 50 Shades Of Grey collection is out now and is available from Myer and David Jones.







No comments:

Post a Comment