2 Year Instagram Anniversary - Favorite Nail Art Posts

Thursday 26 March 2015


Two years ago today I decided to post my very first mani on Instagram.  I was so nervous and so excited to be venturing into the world of Instagram.  At the time I didn't think my manis were that bad but boy oh boy I cringe when I look at them now.  But they are a nice reminder of how fair I have come over the years.  To help "celebrate" I have decided to make show you some of my favorite manis that I have posted.  Unfortunately I am unable to save some of the older pictures to my computer (I don't have the original pictures only screenshots) so you will only see larger versions of pictures from this year.

I'm a huge fan of gradients and neons so it is no surprise that one of my favorite manis is a neon gradient.  This mani also happens to be my most liked mani ever on Instagram!  It currently has 1,765 likes which is huge.  Polishes used are OPI Alpine Snow (as my base), China Glaze Sun Of A Peach, Flip Flop Fantasy and Thistle Do Nicely.

The next mani uses the exact same polishes as the neon gradient above.  I just love how completely different polishes can look in different manis.

Continuing on with the orange theme - I absolutely love this dream catcher mani.  Polishes used are China Glaze More To Explore (I reviewed the entire Road Trip collection here if you missed it), Capacity To See Beyond, OPI I Just Can't Cope-acabana and Konad Black stamping polish.  The stamping design is by Bundle Monster.

For those who follow me on Instagram you may already be aware that I have a slight obsession for neon polishes - in particular the China Glaze Sunsational cremes.  I absolutely love these cremes (the formulas aren't great but the colours are amazing) and uses them a lot.  They are my most used polishes (other than black and white).  For this mani I used OPI Alpine Snow, China Glaze Bottoms Up and Highlight Of My Summer.

Another mani featuring two of the China Glaze Sunsational cremes.  For this mani I used China Glaze Highlight Of My Summer, Too Yacht To Handle and Konad Black.  The stamping design is by Pueen.

This mani is one that I re-created for a nail art challenge.  The original mani was done by @melcisme.  Polishes used are China Glaze At Vase Value, OPI Alpine Snow and This Gown Needs A Crown.  Studs are all from Born Pretty Store.

Now this blue I would have to say is one of my favorite blue polishes ever.  Add polka dots and a matte top coat and you have a simple but awesome mani.  Polishes used are China Glaze Boho Blues and my white nail art pen from Simply Spoiled Beauty.

Gradients and stamping always go so well.  This is one of those manis that I started out with no clue what I was doing, stamped over it and wasn't sure if I actually liked it, and then fell in love.  Polishes used are China Glaze In A Lily Bit, Lotus Begin, OPI Do You Lilac It? and Konad White.  Stamping design is by Pueen.

So there you have it.  Some of my favorite manis that I have posted over the last couple of years on Instagram.  Thank you to everyone who follows me, comments and likes my pictures.  You guys make my nail journey more enjoyable and I have made so many friends and meet so many amazing people along the way.  It is truly awesome.  Thank you all so much.










2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I don't know how you managed to pick just a few favourites for this post as your work is consistently outstanding and inspiring! I dream of being able to gradient as flawlessly as you. My only grumble is that you have cost me a lot of money - particularly in the neon area,,,, ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Claire. It was a struggle to pick but there are just some that stick out more to me than others. It was actually really fun looking back. There are few scary ones in there. I'm happy for you to grumble at me especially for neons. It's totally worth it ;)

      Delete