Essie Cashmere Matte Collection - Swatches & Review

Monday 27 July 2015


I am so excited to finally be able to share Essie's Cashmere Matte collection.  I have had this collection sitting on my shelf begging me to play with it for what feels like forever (it's probably been about a month) and the time has finally come.  This collection consists of six beautiful satin-matte polishes which are available only for a limited time.  These polishes will be available in store at Priceline throughout August and September. 

All Eyes On Nudes is a camel-hued neutral toned polish with a soft matte finish and reflective pearl colour.  It's definitely a unique polish in my collection.  Formula wise it is easy to use but I do recommend waiting longer than usual between each coat as the polish has a tendency to drag and pull at the other layers.  Because of this I used three coats but I think that you can do two coats with careful application.

Coat Couture is a sultry satin greige beneath deep purple shimmer.  I love this one both in the bottle and on the nails.  Slightly disappointed that the shimmer isn't as visible once it dries but I still love the colour.  The formula of this one is great too.  I used two coats for my swatch.

Cozy In Cashmere is a mauve with deep velvet undertones.  This is another one of my favorites from this collection.  I love the colour and the formula is great too.  I used two coats for my swatch.

Just Stitched is a warm pearly-plush pink.  This one looks super pretty in the bottle and I thought I would absolutely love it.  Unfortunately I don't love it.  I do like the colour but the formula is quite hard to work with.  It applies very unevenly and dries and pulls the polish as you are applying it.  I used three coats for my swatch.

Spun In Luxe is a matte blue-black.  This one looks seriously gorgeous in the bottle but the blue shimmer disappears once it is dry on the nails giving you a matte black manicure.  I do love matte back nails for winter but I was really hoping that this would be something a little different.  The formula is fantastic.  You can get away with one coat if you like.  I used two coats for my swatch.

Wrap Me Up is described as a whisper soft pink.  To me it leans more to a nude than a pink.  I really like this one too.  The colour is great and so is the formula.  I used two coats for my swatch.


I quite like this collection.  I was a little disappointed that some of the shimmer in the polishes disappear on the nail once dry but other than that I think this is a great collection.  What do you think of satin matte polishes?  I am definitely a fan, especially during the cooler months.  My personal favourites from this collection are Coat Couture and Cozy In Cashmere, closely followed by Wrap Me Up. 

The Essie Cashmere Matte Collection will be in store at Priceline in August and September.  These are only available for a limited time so grab them while you can.






No comments:

Post a Comment