China Glaze Cheers! Holiday 2015 Collection - Swatches & Review

Saturday 21 November 2015


I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am to be able to finally share this year's China Glaze Holiday Collection.  I think I have had this collection sitting in my polish racks for at least a month now and I just haven't had the time to swatch them (I feel like I have said that a lot lately but seriously time is just disappearing very quickly on me at the moment).  As a word of warning, this post is rather on the long side as it's a twelve piece collection and lots of pictures.  So enough of me rambling and let's get into them.

Picture from China Glaze
Better Not Pout is described as a merry berry pearl.  This one has a great formula and is opaque in two coats.  The polish in person is slightly more purple toned than in my picture.  My camera just doesn't like purples.

Picture taken in light box

Brand Spankin' New Year is described as a deep prismatic purple glitter.  Great formula, opaque in  two coats and really pretty.  I am a fan of the mix of colours in this polish.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Break The Ice is described as an icy prismatic silver glitter.  I found this on to be quite base heavy so I definitely recommend dabbing this polish on or even sponging it on to give it a more opaque look.  I semi dabbed on one coat over black.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Bring On The Bubbly is described as a gleaming gold glitter.  This one is easy to use and it has more glitter in it than Break The Ice.  I used one coat over black.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Coal Hands, Warm Heart is a black based jelly filled with small midnight blue glitters and large holographic glitters.  This one is easy to use and opaque in two coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Don't Get Elfed Up is described as a deep emerald shimmer.  This was easy to use and opaque in two coats.  This one also has a slight colour shift in it but I couldn't capture it. 

Picture taken in light box
I Soiree I Didn't Do It is described as a bright and cheery green glitter.  I quite like this one.  It is a little on the sheer side for both the base colour and glitters but it does build up in three coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Mix And Mingle is a vivid deep purple creme.  Easy to use and opaque in two coats.

Picture taken in light box
Peppermint To Be is described as a glittering ruby shimmer.  Such a pretty polish (especially in direct light - my pictures don't do it justice), easy to use and opaque in two coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Son Of A Nutcracker is described as a fiery red-orange pearl.  Now if you don't mind a very slight visible nail line (you can see it if you hold your nails up to light) then you can get away with two coats.  I used three coats for my swatch because I like my polishes to be completely opaque with no light getting through.  The formula is easy to work with as well.

Picture taken in light box
Ugly Sweater Party is described as a multi-dimensional red glitter.  This one actually reminds me of a Forth Of July polish.  I think because it has a red, white and blue theme to it.  I found that the first coat of this one was a little tricky to apply but the second coat was easy to work with.  I used two coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Wine Down For What? is a rich red creme.  This one is a gorgeous winter shade, and easy to work with.  You could get away with one coat but I used two coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box
I do like this collection, even though it is quite red based.  I especially like that there is a mix of finishes.  My personal favorites would have to be Brand Spankin' New Year, Peppermint To Be, Mix And Mingle and I Soiree I Didn't Do It.

I haven't had a look in my collection to see if there is anything worth comparing in this collection, but if there are some comparisons you would like to see just let me know and I will try and do them.

4 comments:

  1. I love some of them, although you make all of them look fantastic!! Do you have a favorite mainstream brand? I know your busy but do you think sometime you could do a post on actually polishing your nails? Your cuticle line is flawless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christy. There are definitely some really pretty polishes in this collection. My favorite mainstream brands would have to be OPI and China Glaze. They are the ones I go for the most (both to wear and buy). I could do a post on how I paint my nails. I'm not sure how interesting it would be because I can't say I do anything special to them other than cleaning up with a clean up brush and acetone. :)

      Delete
  2. Nice collection. I will need to get a few glitters here :-D Great photos :-D

    ReplyDelete