Emily de Molly March Releases & FB Exclusive - Swatches & Review

Monday 16 May 2016



March was a busy (and expensive!) month of polish releases.  My wallet took a huge hit so I was a little late in grabbing the new Emily de Molly releases.  This turned out to be a good thing as I managed to grab these polishes during a recent flash sale.  Normally I miss sales, well not so much miss them.  More I have usually brought everything so have nothing left to buy.  Oops.  Anyway, today I have the six polishes that were released plus the Facebook group exclusive.


Holo Patina is the holo version of Copper Patina (you can see my swatch here if you are interested).  This polishes is described as a medium sage green with strong red to gold duochrome shimmer and of course holo.  The formula is great and easy to use.  I used two coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Jungle District is a teal green jelly with red to gold shifting shimmer and teal micro glitter and silver holo shards.  Another polish with a great formula.  My swatch shows two coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in light box
Over The Edge is a red jelly with iridescent flakes,  copper shimmer and copper holo micro glitter.  My sunshine picture isn't colour accurate.  The sunlight does make it look like a brighter red but not as bright as my camera makes it look.  The formula was easy to use and is opaque in two coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Reign Of Osiris is a dark blue subtle holo with gold and copper holo micro glitter.  Again, the formula is great.  This one is actually close to being a one coater.  My swatch shows two coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Silk Square is a light periwinkle blue ultra holo with tiny white flakes.  So pretty.  I did find this one a little sheer so needed three coats to make it opaque.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Skirting Heaven is a periwinkle blue creme with blue to purple shifting shimmer and tiny iridescent purple flakes.  This is that Facebook group exclusive polish.  I love this one.  It's easily a favorite from the March releases.  The formula is great and is opaque in two coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Subtle Silence is a dark dusty purple with a huge amount of gold to green shifting shimmer and silver ultra holographic micro glitter.  This one really surprised me.  I wasn't expecting to like it as much as I do.  It's quite pretty and unique.  I used two coats for my swatch, however in a pinch I think you could easily get away with one coat.  I should point out that this polish is definitely more holo-y than it looks in my picture.  The sun disappeared behind a cloud before I could get any decent pictures.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken outdoors with a small amount of sunlight
There is definitely a good mix of polishes in March's releases.  My personal favorites are Skirting Heave, Subtle Silence, Silk Square and Reign Of Osiris.  Seriously you would think that blue was my favorite colour at the moment (I actually have a blue mani on as I write this post lol).

These polishes are available from Emily de Molly's Australian store and her International store.  Also check out one of the stockists for these polishes.

Please note that in order to purchase Skirting Heaven you need to be a member of the Facebook group.  If you aren't already a member you can join here.

No comments:

Post a Comment