Emily de Molly A Peony For Your Thoughts (Femme Fatale Cosmetics Exclusive) - Swatches & Review

Wednesday 19 October 2016


The other week I was scrolling through Facebook when I randomly saw a comment asking for swatches of two of the Emily de Molly Femme Fatale Cosmetics exclusives (Gold Light Of Day and A Peony For Your Thoughts).  I opened the post thinking I probably did have swatches of both polishes, I mean it sounds like something I would have.  Turns out I only had Gold Light Of Day (you can see that post here if you are interested).  I'm going to guess that it was released just after I stopped buying all the Femme Fatales so I missed it.  Never fear, I have fixed that problem and ordered A Peony For Your Thoughts.

A Peony For Your Thoughts is a very confusing polish.  Gorgeous, but confusing.  I have no idea how to describe it, and I can't find any where that actually has the polish description.  In some lights this polish looks like nude holo with a slight pink tone, in other lights it looks like it's a purple tone, and there is a green or maybe gold sheen to it.  It's really interesting.  The formula is easy to use but it is a little on the sheer side.  I used three coats for my swatch.

*EDIT: Hayley described this polish as "a light pink that leans purple but the shimmer confuses it even more because it shifts from green to pink".  

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box with flash

Picture taken outdoors in shade

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
This is such a delicate and really interesting shade.  It is great as a palette cleanser or a base for nail art.  

A Peony For Your Thoughts is sold exclusively through Femme Fatale Cosmetics.  Unfortunately it is currently out of stock but it may be worth joining the waiting list for when it becomes available again. 

2 comments:

  1. Wow this colour is amazing, it def appears more purple toned in these pictures but that holo shimmer is something very incredible! I love it.
    Vicky xx
    @thepolishlist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is gorgeous! And really interesting (especially in person). I'm not the best at describing polishes and I actually wore this polish for 2 days trying to work out how to describe it. I still couldn't because every time I looked at it it looked different lol

      Delete