Femme Fatale Cosmetics Welcome To Mars (Part) Collection - Swatches & Review

Sunday 5 February 2017


Last month I definitely focused a lot more on nail art which didn't leave me with enough time to swatch some of the pretties that I purchased last year (that is still a goal of mine to do this year - hopefully I can get it done within the next few months).  This month I will be working in some more of the older polishes with some new as well as nail art challenges and stamping plates.  Gotta stick to the goals I have set for myself don't I?  Anyway, last year I picked up four of the polishes from Femme Fatale Cosmetics Welcome To Mars Collection and I have finally gotten around to swatching them.  So let's take a look shall we?


The Egotrip has a clear base with pink-to-gold shifting glass flecks, pink chrome flakes and gold holographic glitters.  As this polish is in a clear base I decided to layer it over a black base as it looks as though it will take four plus coats to be opaque.  I quite like this one.  It's definitely pretty over black, although next time I would like to try this over a nude I think.  My swatch shows one coat over black.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight
The Last Resort is described as a rich, velvety plum with subtle pink sparks.  Another really pretty polish.  I think this would be great for the cooler months.  The formula is great and applies evenly.  I used two coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Turbinium is a medium tone purple with turquoise shine and warm green-golden-orange shifting flakes.  It also has a scattering of holo particles and some green iridescent microglitters.  I really like this one.  I'm actually still wearing it as I write this post.  The formula is a little on the sheer side but easy to work with.  I used three coats for my swatch, but it is still see through at the tips in direct light.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Welcome To Mars is described as a shimmering, shifting, brick red which leans to a ruddy orange and gold.  It is packed with gold and copper microglitters and holo glitters, and pink chrome flakes.  This is definitely not one that I would normally grab for but I'm so glad I did pick it up.  It's quite pretty and interesting.  The formula is easy to use.  I used three coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Overall I am really happy with the four of the polishes I grabbed. They are all really pretty polishes which good formulas.


4 comments:

  1. The Egotrip and Welcome To Mars are both gorgeous & your photos are amazing! I love these kind of shifty, flakie filled polishes! So beautiful!
    Vicky xx
    @thepolishlist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vicky. They are gorgeous polishes. Shifty and flakie polishes are definitely up there with my favorite types of polishes ever!

      Delete
  2. Femme Fatale polishes are always magical.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are quite magical, although I find that these days they do a lot of the same polishes with slight variations. It's part of the reason I stopped collecting them all (and my wallet definitely thanks for me that lol)

      Delete