Orly La La Land Collection - Swatches & Review

Saturday 25 February 2017


I finally managed to get my hands on Orly's La La Land Collection.  I originally ordered this collection from HB Beauty prior to Christmas.  It took them close to two weeks to actually send it out to me (I had to complain on social media before they actually would send it).  Then it arrived here in Australia and for whatever reason their shipping company sent it back to them after it sitting here for another two weeks.  HB Beauty did refund me the money so that was nice, but definitely very disappointing.  I much preferred when they sent via DHL rather than the forwarding company they use now.  Anyway, I ordered this collection from Head2Toe Beauty and it arrived within a week (oh how I love H2T - they are also so reliable for me) and now I have my swatches and review for you.


Anything Goes has an opal shimmer base with blue stars and pink holographic circle glitters.  I'm not a fan of this polish.  I think the shimmer is quite pretty, but I am not a fan of the large glitters.  They are a pain to get out and really don't look good in my opinion.  For my swatch I used one coat over Head In The Clouds and had to place the glitter pieces on.




As Seen On TV is a lilac creme.  Now this is a really gorgeous colour.  It is a little sheer and does apply unevenly.  I used three coats for my swatch.


Big City Dreams is a mint green creme.  This an another gorgeous colour, but again the formula is sheer and it applies unevenly.  I used three coats but I am questioning if I should have done a forth as it kinda looks uneven still.  My eyes could be playing tricks on me though.


Cool In California is described as a poppy pink creme.  This one is the same as above.  Gorgeous colour, sheer and applies unevenly.  Again I probably should have done a forth coat but I stopped at three coats.


Forget Me Not is a pastel blue creme.  Again, pretty colour, sheer and applies unevenly.  My swatch shows three coats.


Head In The Clouds is a light pink creme.  This one is definitely the sheerest of the cremes.  It most definitely needs four coats (which is what I used for my swatch).  Again it does apply unevenly but it is quite pretty.


I have slightly mixed feelings about this collection.  I don't care for the glittery polish at all, but I do love the colours of the cremes.  The formulas are just a little disappointing.  I attempted to use this collection in some nail art the other day and even over a white base you could barely see them.  My personal favourites are Cool In California (this is definitely my number one favourite) As Seen On TV, Big City Dreams and Forget Me Not.

What do you think of this collection?

4 comments:

  1. lovely swatches, sweet colors, but i don't think i'll buy any of these because of the bad formula. I need polishes to be opaque and streak free in 2 coats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I don't blame you for skipping over this collection based on the formulas. I definitely prefer polishes to be 1-2 coaters, however I am happy to do 3 coats if the colour is worth it. A lot of these polishes are gorgeous so I will happily wear them again :)

      Delete
  2. I have been looking forward to these swatches for ages as this collection is right up my street. I often find that pastels can often take a few coats for full coverage, it's just a shame you struggled with them.
    Also very disappointing to hear about HB Beauty, they used to be so good. I would have been furious to wait a month for my order & then find out it wasn't arriving, not acceptable at all! Glad H2T was good, I'll give them a try!
    Vicky x
    @thepolishlist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pastels do tend to me more different and sheer than other polishes but as long as the colour is worth the extra effort then I will happily wear them.

      I really haven't had the best luck with HB Beauty orders. I think I won't be buying from them again (unless it's Zoya because I am not sure who else stocks Zoya that ship to Australia). H2T are awesome. I have been shopping from their for years. I would say at least 5 years now. I can't say I have ever had a bad experience. Polishes come well packaged (I haven't had a broken one), the ship out quickly (usually within 24 hours) and it arrives to me within 2 weeks max. They also get the new collections in quite quickly too.

      Delete